1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Remove mines from the TDM shops

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by an_obamanation, Jun 11, 2017.

?

What should happen to mines in TDM

1. Remove

29.4%
  2. Increase the price

5.9%
  3. Leave them as is

70.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. an_obamanation

an_obamanation The boss Donator

I would honestly be perfectly in favor of removing them from TDM entirely but the shops is a good start. They're not fun, they encourage camping in an already camp-heavy gamemode, and they take WAY too many hits to take out with a knight (But that's a story for another day).

Osmal likes this.
  2. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Nah. Its too much fun to see someone walk into a bushmine. Tbh, i think its faster to just go and switch to archer than hitting it with knight, or you can slowly slash the mine into a position where it will be useless. Its Costs 80 coins i think, and any archer with half a brain and atleast 1 eye can spot and blow the mine up. Regarding the bushmines, they're pretty hard to deal with, i will give you that but you can.... Well, you dont, you just die for someone's else laughter. If you would increase the price, nobody will buy dat shit, its already pretty expensive for something that can get destroyed by one arrow. My point is, the ultimate counter to mines are archers

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

I don't mind if people use mines properly. It gets annoying when people buy a mine at the start of the round, place it inside a bush in front of spawn and act like they're afk to bait people into the mine. I personally don't see the point in mines in a gamemode specifically for quick scrims because of this reason.

4. an_obamanation

The ultimate counter to archers shooting mines is a knight, which almost every single person who uses mines plays as. Simply stand in front of the mine and block, shield will soak up all the arrows. (This depends on the map of course, different maps have better dickish mine spots than others.)

I also shouldn't be forced to switch my class anytime mines are purchased. Considering the horizontal length of some tdm maps being forced to walk all the way back to spawn just to shoot a mine (That like I said can be protected by a knight) is obnoxious as hell.

TDM is typically a fast paced and frantic gamemode, but with mines I just see matches become a slow and boring standoff or a quick uninteresting death that I can't for the life of me find the appeal in.

epsilon likes this.
  5. erik102003

Thats a superare case, what knight just camps next to his mine? And most knights are pretty easy to out play with archer, really i never saw a knight just shielding to protect his mine :thumbs_down:
    Or just If you think that mines are making the game slow, just learn to jump. Overall i see mines rarely used, most peoples just go wit bombs or save up for a keg

bru-jaz likes this.
  6. an_obamanation

I've had it happen to me more than enough to warrant it being at most "uncommon". Could be a region difference as i'm a US player, so we might not be dealing with the same people.
    Can name at least 3-4 people off the top of my head.
    And i've never seen you on any official TDM server, the world is weird like this. :thumbs_down:::P:

Also, certain maps and spots make jumping over the mines impossible. 8x_TDM2 has a spot in the bottom left for example with a bush near a shop, with a low hanging ceiling meaning you can't just "jump over it". A knight has to slash it or an archer has to shoot it, and this spot wouldn't be the hardest to defend as a knight, provided that it's at the bottom of the map where as the spawns are at the top, giving you ample time to see anybody switching to archer to deal with the mine.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  7. erik102003

I play TDM, but in EU, so thats the difference probably

an_obamanation likes this.
  8. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

that just would make TDM even hollower

Mods: Rainbows