1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[REQUEST] sprites for mod.

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by kilmanio, Sep 30, 2013.

1. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

Hello, I am trying to create a mod that is based around the 1700's, this will include slow shooting rifles, different sword usage (and blocking), and nice rainnesance engineerings. Of course this will require some good sprites.
    That is why I am asking you (the community) to help me out and make some nice(KAG-quality) sprites for the 3 classes.
    The sprites should look like people from around the 1700's.

Some additional details about the classes:
    For the knight, I will require a character that looks like a musketeer.
    If you use this example, please make the tabards KAG-blue.
    Block should be a sword block/parry thing.
    The sword should be a rapier.
    For the archer, I will require a character that looks like a minute-man .
    If you use this example, please change the green shirt in the pic to KAG-blue.
    If you use this example, please make the socks white.
    Weapon should be a crossbow
    For the builder, I will require a character that looks like this dude on the left.
    If you use this example, make that gigantic collar a bit smaller or completely remove it.
    If you use this example, make the little redish things KAG-blue.
    I don't really care about what tools you give him (Standart KAG tools work/1700 style tools)

I would also appreciate it if you could make some heads, but my priority goes to the class sprites.

If I would get multiple results, I will pick the one I think is the best.

If your sprite gets picked, I will give credit to you in my mod.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    UnnamedPlayer and Hawxx like this.
  2. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Classic has ol' Mishka's musketeer pack, but that's not usable anymore.

...In other news, grass is green.

Well... Yeah, I don't really do spritesheets for anything other then heads, so you're out of luck with me.

3. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

read the 3th line from the bottom :)

4. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Ah. You have no avatar, by the way, so there's no way anybody could know what the builder's supposed to look like.

5. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

The picture is just an example of a shirt that looks like a 1700's shirt.

6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I might help. As tic2011 stated, Mishka -great sprite maker of KAG Classic, he's been off for long- did a nice Musketeer pack, with nice swords and muskets: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/wip-mishkas-musketeer-pack.6308/
    I believe it's possible to make them suitable for Beta, adding new sprites when necessary, and saying 'This mod uses a modification of the ishka's Kag Classic Musketeer Texture Pack.

The thing is: are you going to make a completely new game with hard programming and such? Do you know programming?

7. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

Thank you for linking the musketeer pack, couldn't find it myself.

I am not creating a completely new game with hard programming and such, just a complete MOD for the current kag so server-owners can install it and live a 1700's life.

8. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Do you still need sprites?

9. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

Yes I do, although the it will take a long time before the mod gets released.

10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I'd rather make the builder look like a slave than a fancy nobleman, fwiw.

Grindle likes this.
  11. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

I could try and work on some of them for you, not sure you would like them.
    But do you got a general idea of what you need?

12. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

the builder becomes an architect.

there are spoilers with links in them, but I'll add some details here:

knight: musketeer, something like mishka's old pack.

archer: minute-man, but with a crossbow.

builder: old school fancy pants architect.

13. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Tried making the archer look like the minute man.
    Too much brown, would be better if you wanted to refit Mishka's pack to fit in beta.(would only have to make a builder costume from scratch like that)
    [​IMG]
    The types of characters you want aren't easy IMO because of the large amount of leather/brown colors they have, and trying to stick with the default palette.

14. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I did this first part of the knight sheet with the Mishka's musketeer knight. Might work it out all of it, but not soon.
    :chicken:
    KnightMale (2).png

15. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

I really want the archer to look different from the knight.
    You can make whatever you want, just as long as it is 1700-stylish.

Take your time, I am yet to complete the mod itself.

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Some ideas:
    [​IMG]
    Any of these you would like?
    Thought it looked different enough from the knight, not quite what I'd have liked though.
    Bit harder than I thought to come up with a costume that has enough blue but still looks different enough, especially on such a small sprite.

17. 8x

This still needs some test and polish, and Mishka's texture pack had its own heads, which should be added to the Beta Heads.png file. The main problem is that the heads look pretty big in comparision to the body, and the Slash moves do not really fit with a Rapier, which was mainly used to thrusting, anyway... The mid-shield might be changed to a more understandable one (2nd line mostly).

KnightMale (Mishka's musketeer adapted).png

If you're planning in making a whole new texture pack or mod or whatever you should state that this are not your sprites nor mine, but Mishka's, and are based on the original art by Geti. I had to do some new figures, but it was like following a simple plan.

giggiggiggiggig likes this.
  18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Before putting so much work into I think you guys should get some sort of verification that kilmanio is actually capable of making use of it. We don't know whether he can mod at all, let alone something of this scope. I'd say that in 90% of the art requests I've seen, the requester has no idea how to fulfill his end of the bargain.

VanHuek, goodyman8, Ej and 1 other person like this.
  19. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

I am not a top-tier modder, but i will do anything i can to finish the mod.
    If I don't know how to do something, i can and will ask someone for help.

- it will mostly be a 1700's mod-pack, a bunch of mods that fit together.

I like the 4th from the left the most. (Metal shoulder pad , dots on shirt.) ::):

Thank you, I also wasn't going to take someone's sprites without giving credit to everyone who worked on them.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  20. 8x

You got your point there Contrary.
    I took it as an update of Mishka's sprites, just as something apart from any mod kilmanio could have in mind, but actually triggered by him. If I get to make enough adaptations from Mishka's musketeer I'll simply upload it as a converted resource from a classic texture pack. Teh problem for kilmanio now is to get a complete mod, or simply a texture pack, with the same style and without too weird things.

And basically, at a certain point, you'll get sprite sheets for the three classes. Then you will realize you need to change items, projectiles, shops, vehicles, heads, and why not the background, the title screen, the sounds, the weapons balance too?, will the archer use a musket or a crossbow? you will need to resprite a bunch of things then ::D:;
    you would like some specific maps too, specific tiles at the World.png sheet, specific buildings that would match with the general idea of the mod, new music, new boats, new female sprites unless you will make them unisex...

just a few things to consider about making a mod, and all of these are mainly sprite modifications, leave alone coding...25252525.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013