1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Requiring Assistance - Stronger Classes

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Kovett, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Say I am hosting an RTDM.

If I wish to give the knights more HP, I simply change the HP value in the config file.

However, when I wish to add another "knight" class...

By naming it "superknight.cfg" adding it to team1.cfg, and then editting "superknight.cfg" so it's hp value is 4, compared to normal "knight.cfg", the "superknight.cfg" also has it's Name and Tool changed to "superknight".

Now when changes are applied to the RTDM, there is no apparent change when switching classes between "knight" and "superknight".

My aim is to create a "superknight" with 4 hp which only Admins can use (who cannot use normal knights, by applying "no_class_knight")

And a normal "knight" with 3 hp for Players that are not Admin (by applying "no_class_superknight")

However...I've tried...And every single time, superknight ends up exactly the same as a normal knight.

The furthest I've gotten so far, by only just adding a superknight class, is where people somehow cannot become a superknight (even when attempting to change to the class), and some people can become a superknight (unknown method). I, however, do not know how to change to the class (Holding E doesn't work?).

So therefore I'd like a step by step instructions to add a SuperKnight class, which only Admins can use, non-Admins have to use Knight (and if this works multiplayer).

2. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

So you want to make a server where you give yourself more health than everyone else? That's pretty gay dude, not gonna lie.

bout, Guitarman, Canadian98 and 2 others like this.
  3. It's actually the part of my grand plan of "Leveling Up"...not being selfish...

EDIT: :>:(:!!! And since you forced me to reveal the truth, Everyone (or a specific someone) is going to copy this Idea!!! :QQ: And it'll be your fault! :>:(:

4. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

just in case you haven't realised by some chance--> If you spawn as a knight and then change class to a superknight then you would only have 3 out of 4 hearts. Just like if you spawn as archer and change to knight that you have 2 of 3 hearts.

5. But during the next round, I would revert to a knight. (Tested in my RTDM) Then sometimes, when someone joins, they start off as a Superknight (rarely).

6. lavalord

sometimes in rtdm if you spawn as archer then change to knight, next game you will still spawn as archer. Maybe its happening with the knight and superknight?

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  7. No idea, however I plan on implementing it so that only certain people can use a knight with more hp (those who leveled up), and cannot use normal knight.

8. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you die as a knight, you spawn as a knight. Simple as that.

9. lavalord

No, if you spawn as an archer change to a knight, then die, 50/50 chance of spawning as an archer again in my experience

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

That's because you didn't die as a knight. If the game ends and you didn't die yet, suicide so that you'll stay knight. Trust me, it works.

11. miniu

miniu Haxor

@Paralogia
    Right , i did that many times.

12. Ahem. Do you guys mind? I made this thread for discussion on how to solve my problem. Not to argue about things that aren't very important relative to my post. You guys are kinda getting quite off-topic + short posts and arguing. Please take it somewhere or HELP with my PROBLEM.

-Tj- likes this.
  13. miniu

miniu Haxor

hmm, do new comand , what will changing class to 'superknight' (don't know how) , and next allow it in admin.cfg

14. I know that. And I did that. See above (wall of text). You actually can't allow it in admin.cfg, you have to disallow it in all other classes.

15. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

A server I played on tried this once. Based off what they said, (And they were very good modders) it is currently impossible to add a new class without this happening. No matter what you do, It will always either bug like this, or not work at all.

Edit: They said this is why: If you add a new class based off a default class, It will 99.99% of the time not recognize the new class, and therefore go back to the default class. That 0.01% of the time it will and will work.

16. I just did it.

To make a new class:
    - Duplicate "knight.cfg", and rename the copy into "superknight.cfg"
    - Now open "superknight.cfg" and edit health value to desired health value
    - Edit "name = Knight" into "superknight"
    - Now go into "team1.cfg" and add "Rules/RTDM/superknight.cfg;"
    - Go to your security folder and open "admin.cfg", add "no_class_knight" to its features
    - Open all the other seclevs and add "no_class_superknight" to their features

17. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

Sorry for necroing the thread, but I've been trying to achieve this exact thing for a long time without success. Now I need it for implementing a leveling system on Dungeons & Zombies.
    Soulrealm, I followed those steps but I couldn't get it to work. The tent will show the different knights according to the seclev you are in, but it ends up being the same knight when you select it. Could you post the cfgs? I'd greatly appreciate it!

soulrealm and UnnamedPlayer like this.
  18. jammer312

jammer312 Bison Rider Tester

I've got same problem in blue team, try to double-select knight

19. It's been a long time since I've done, after that time, I got excited and tried to expand on it. However, I lost it.

Since then I've also changed hosts, and lost all the files twice. I'll try to get it working again sometime at the end of this week (when I have extra spare time).
    </br>--- merged: Apr 25, 2013 11:52 AM ---</br>
    Unfortunately, today, after meddling around a bit, I was unable to reproduce the same results. The only class differences that could be applied, was to other teams (ie. different class config for different teams, which is simple and im sure a lot have done that before).

Though, I will retell my events: I did the above (or somewhat similar, probably missed out an important step which i do not rem/or did not pay attention to) ^(post). On RTDM, admins were able to play as a Superknight but not Knight. We all had 4 hp while others had 3.

After this success, I became excited at the possibility of multiple classes and there, I failed at extending the moderation (meddling with it). I was then unable to reproduce the same results. But instead I enabled for 4 classes available to all. Superknight and Knight were both available. But they both started with 3 hp and I had thought that I had failed. The next day, people reported people hacking extra hp. This was perhaps due to some players, somehow being able to "be a Superknight". I then first-hand experienced someone having 4 hp on the same team as one with max 3 hp...

Though, players became unhappy and I reverted it to default settings. Since then I've lost all my data twice (without backing up) and switched hosts.

However, I did receive information that perhaps Vanhuek might be able to help, as I have heard rumors that he is able to have multiple classes (more than 3) on one team?

EDIT: You don't change Tool Name. I'm pretty sure.

Strathos likes this.
  20. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

This reminds me of the story of how the Spartan I's were created in Halo. Not even kidding. EXACT same story.

Anyway, how do you make it so there is a way for the tent to give you that class? Didn't you say in your first post that Admins will automatically become "Superknights"?

Anyway... I'd like to know how to create this "Superknight" class. You actually managed to do it didn't you?