1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Retaining map-lists

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by daskew87, Jun 17, 2015.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

PROBLEM: When there is a KAG update all my maplists return to default.

QUESTION: I know the above is meant to happen. But is there a way to stop this from happening, or some way to automatically have my servers restore their custom maplists?

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I guess the only thing that you can do is that you make a backup mapcycle.cfg as soon as you change it. I know, it's a bit of a hastle but that way you can just replace the new one when there was an update.

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

dask, you can always store the mapcycle.cfg (a backup maybe) in the mods folder and it won't be touched or you could make it as a "tiny mod" so that it will never be affected by updates.

4. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It won't get touched if he just makes a second one (with a different file name obviously) in the rules folder where he has the gamemode he's using.

5. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

SOLUTION: create a new mapcycle file that isnt named mapcycle somewhere in Base/Maps/ then in your autoconfig, just make sure you set sv_mapcycle to the directory of the mapcycle file

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

OR (get this) add the file to autoupdate_ignore_custom.cfg

blackjoker77777 and Galen like this.
  7. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Wow. A nice range of answers ::D:

Thanks a lot for your help everyone. I think I will try to get the update to ignore the maplist!

:thumbs_up: