1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Riletyface's RDM Maps.

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Riletyface, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I am posting this thread mostly for anyone to download my maps. I am also attempting to make some for the Australian knight 1v1 Championships.
    My first one is not symmetrical and is fairly small. More updates on maps will be made by me editing this post.
    Split:
    This map is fairly small, but is good for small battles as well.
    SplitRDM.png
    KAG 2012-08-09 16-38-11-27.png

</br>--- merged: Aug 9, 2012 8:14 AM ---</br>
    The next map is a symmetrical and is significantly bigger.
    DormantVolcano:
    This map is great for slightly larger than all of my planned maps. It is great for basic battles of around 4v4.
    DormantVolcano.png
    KAG 2012-08-09 18-10-57-58.png

Under the Bridge:
    Under the bridge.png
    KAG 2012-08-10 15-53-22-80.png

Arch:
    A very small, around 4 player map.
    Arch.png
    KAG 2012-08-10 17-08-23-97.png

Attached Files:

2. Antman

Antman Base Burner

Looks great, I'll be sure to add them on my next map hunt :D

Riletyface likes this.
  3. Nice! But Knight Championships has to be very even and has to be entertaining and fun. You're mountain map, its too tall, people can just run around and avoid the enemy...and people might die by falling down...or camp on top, and they can slash people to death by falling.

Knight Championships can be smaller. Here's one I made: [​IMG]
    Here's the direct address: http://i48.tinypic.com/6rngqf.png

Riletyface likes this.
  4. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Innteresting, I will make one now related to that one you made.
    Also, is the split map much better?

soulrealm likes this.
  5. Well, the maps are good for RTDM, but they don't suit Knight Championships, because people don't wanna see their idol knight accidently fall down or get forced down into the abyss.

The maps need to be small, but not too small, just enough room to duel (like mine). There should be no fighting around the tent (because you can move through it). And there should be nothing there dangerous except your enemy. And there should be spots on the map where you get a tonne advantage over someone.

Just a normal arena will do. You can add decorations that are unreachable (or make a billion ladders that fall when hit once). You can add one or two floor levels, that can be reachable in many ways (so you can't camp), if you choose to, you can just have one ground floor (like mine and you also can't reach the decoration).

Riletyface likes this.
  6. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I'm on it. Do you think the dimensions should be around 90x90?

soulrealm likes this.
  7. Lol, as tall as you want, but the width needs to be just wide enough for an awesome knight duel (no camping, running, space to move around but not too much).

An example is mine.

Riletyface likes this.
  8. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I just made a new map- Under the Bridge! Check it out above in the first post. I made it to be for the knight 1v1 championships. Soul if you want any modifications, I can give it some.

Antman and soulrealm like this.
  9. NIIIICE, you just need to dirt back wall the whole thing (so no collapse) and lower the doors to 8 blocks and you're good!

10. FG

FG Fran Donator

the under the bridge map is my favourite. You might want to put some ladders or team doors to get up the wall near the tent.

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I really like the look of Split. Please make more like that!

Riletyface likes this.
  12. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

I tested the map for collapsing and it doesn't seem to do it. I'll work on some final adjustments and I'll edit the original post.
    Edit: Done.

13. That'll be 2 points thank you. :D I will include an edited version of this in the Knight Championships! (the one I told you to lower to 8)

Riletyface likes this.
  14. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

May I just ask, do you need three points to be an admin? And, great that it's in the tourney!

15. I changed it to 6, 3 was way too little, I'll be having like 10 Organisers in 3 days if its 3 points... Ill have the edited version in the Tourney if thats okay with you

16. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

It's fine, as long as it's acceptable :rollseyes:.