1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

RPG MO

Discussion in 'Other games' started by king-george, Mar 11, 2016.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Remember back in 2008, when you played Runescape? Miss that old nostalgic feeling?
    Well, try out RPG MO!

[​IMG]

It is still in beta, and it does have some questionable graphics, but it's still pretty cool in my opinion.
    You can give it a try here. (It's totally free!)

Try it out!

Yagger and PinXviiN like this.
  2. Cobramuziek86

Cobramuziek86 Arsonist

Have been looking at it on steam, might give it a try soon :)

king-george likes this.
  3. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

A few of the old Action guys playing it. It's a fun game but here are some things to know before jumping in.

1)Mods are VERY much so bias. They will not punish their friends, they will not ask their friends to prove things, they will be very strict with others. EN is literally cancer chat do not join it if you don't like reddit/9gag tier babby shit. They literally will mute and eventually ban you for repeatedly mentioning things like other games (Runescape is the biggest annoyance to them cause RS is better than RPGMO so once people start talking about it they get mad unless it's their buttbuddy), literally any cursing will get you muted including 'implied cursing' "lmao" is mutable offense. They say it's PG but it's more G than a disney movie in there. calling someone stupid can get you muted. That said, it's one of the only places to get info that's not on the ingame wiki, which is important because that's a lot of questions you'll have and the out of game wiki is TRASH.

2)Combat is pretty boring, also be careful about leveling magic AND physical combat, it'll raise your level but keep your damage a bit lower than your level. You'll see why this is an issue later, if you want a mage either dig sand a to get your money started for it or find medallions and get started on farming after that to make your own scrolls. Either way magic is costly, so get started properly, mages should focus DEF/MAG/HP
    - Pure phys combat should focus a lot of STR first as STR is raw damage (5 STR/POWER = 1 DAMAGE), XP is based DIRECTLY off of damage done for physical combat

3)The game relies heavily on botting IMO, or semi-afking. Grind later basically is built in a way to challenge bots as some of the stuff becomes a whole new level of tedious/WaitGame with just enough challenge to force it to need more than a basic script. Profit is a whole another problem. Early on sand/seed runs money is hard and you need lots of levels to get equivalent profit in other things. There's also a weird proportion for making money and skills. Fishing is the only way to guarantee a good amount of food without a lot of money going into it (basically: free and just using time) this means that unless you have a friend that doesn't do anything BUT fish/cook for production classes, he can help provide the food you need, otherwise the cost to eat is high and no one sells lower level food cause no one buys it.

4)Know how to get money. Sand sells for 180-200 on market and requires very little mining. It allows you to get your mining up easily early and get money fast. Seed runs are another option but require a bit of capital to start. Flannel seeds are purchased for 800 each and sell for 1200~ each on market pretty easily but aren't 'instant sell' like sand is (Not always buy orders up). Other avenues can get you money too but I don't recommend them as leveling the skill high doesn't create easy profits later. Copper/Tin might raise forging but it's not as great as selling the ore itself (Azure Ore/WG Chunks or higher usually sell good) and early on it can't match Sand's direct profits. Steel helms/boots aren't bad but still sand is just simpler, and WG chunks around that level are good too.

5)People don't really play the market and unfortunately when you do they get a bit upset, instead the people who have been playing for years seem to enjoy controlling parts of the market that require a high grind level in their respective skill.

Yagger and PinXviiN like this.
  4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Reminder! Do not touch the skeletons or the vampires when mining unless you're actually a good level!

fuck vampires

5. BlueLuigi

:^) Vampires are ezpz

Actually the skeletons are a great source of levels early, their DEF is low (18) so you need a relatively low ACC to hit them 100% of the time, meaning you can take a lot of cooked fish have decent ACC and just pump STR to wreck those nerdos. Also their HP is nice so you don't have to hop mobs as often, I'd suggest going there when you complete the quests up to them.

Friendly warning, they don't drop skeleton pet ;_;

If you have any questions ask here or PM me ingame (teleclast) and I'll answer what I can, I've only been playing 2 weeks but I've got most of the game figured out and asked all the 'dumb' questions to mods/ingame vets already more or less.

PinXviiN likes this.
  6. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

*cough*
    Playing about a month...
    *cough*
    Ask me instead
    *cough*

Yeah, the chat is cancer. Don't use it too much, also there is an 18+ chat :,) (when I talked about runescape or something, they told me to go there and talk about it lol)

EDIT: By the way, what is your username in RPG MO BlueLuigi? friend

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
    PinXviiN likes this.
  7. BlueLuigi

Teleclast (also my steam name heh)

king-george likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi