1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Running in Linux trouble

Discussion in 'General Help' started by BarnabyD, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BarnabyD

BarnabyD Shipwright

When I tried to run the game nothing would happen, so I tried to run it via the terminal and it outputs this:

Code:
    barnaby@mint ~ $ sh ./rungame.sh
    Running KAG
    mv: cannot stat `KAG.tmp': No such file or directory
    I am currently running Linux Mint 11, 64bit.
    I have to say that this game looks awesome, and would love to be able to run it, so any help with this would be great!

2. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

Unfortunately KAG is only available in 32bit so you'll need extra libraries for it to work.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
    and you should be good to go!

Pro-tip: to find out if a binary is a 32bit or 64bit executable, use the file command :
    Code:
    $ file KAG
    KAG: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9, not stripped

$ file /usr/bin/gcc-4.4 
    gcc-4.4: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, stripped

3. BarnabyD

BarnabyD Shipwright

I had worked out that and had installed the 32bit libraries.
    Right now I am currently on a 32bit distro, been changing from distro to distro recently, but i am still getting the same error.

Code:
    mv: cannot stat `KAG.tmp': No such file or directory

4. Recs

Recs Shipwright

I had the same problem with the desura version.

I solved it by downloading the files directly from the kag sites and launch the game once from those. after that the desura version works normally again.

I don't know if it can help.

Beef likes this.