1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM Sarius6_DarkCathedral [REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Sarius6, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Sarius6

Sarius6 Builder Stabber Staff Alumni

Map name: DarkCathedral
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    • 2 chests
    • 2 shops
    • multiple pathways.
    • A beautiful princess.
    Map name: sarius6_darkcathedral
    Map:
    sarius6_darkcathedral.png
    Newer version:
    Even newer version:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Pineapple and Blubahub like this.
  2. +1 for doppelganger Princess Geti.

Sarius6 likes this.
  3. Basshunter

Basshunter of course i like your t-shirt Staff Alumni Donator Tester Official Server Admin

many camping possibilities
    loads of camping spots
    you can camp
    did i mention the camping problem?

also the middle chest is bugged, at least when i tested the map
    movement is really weird for both classes really

screen-19-03-19-23-52-22.png

Biurza, Blubahub and Sarius6 like this.
  4. Sarius6

Yeah I did my best to just place spikes on every possible camping spot, on the corners of every floating part. Also I'll quickly fix that chest lmao. I think that camping problem is always going to be there cause it's a floating map. Also just to clarify, there's a red circle on every spot not on a spike, but almost all of those you can reach with a slash. On the spots you can't slash, do you think I should just put a million more spikes?

EDIT: I did exactly that, plus tweaked a few blocks to make knight movement a little smoother

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    Blubahub likes this.
  5. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Honestly Sarius, I think there are more camping spots than non-campy ones. Just imagine a knight trying to stand in one place, you literally can't move him without having to fight with a tremendous disadvantage.
    No matter how many spikes u place, archer still has tonns of free space to move around where knight can't.
    The movement is crampy and weird.
    The amount of items on one map (Shop + 4 chests + preset mines + fishies + grains + Geti?) is insanely impractical.
    Map has lots of stone-only structures so it's also very much destructible.
    Half of the map can be flooded if you dig the waterfalls.
    Shops and Spawning ruins are offset by 1 block (Asymmetrical)
    Try going for something less wild for your first try maybe? Ask around Oceania discord/Offi kag discord in #mapping, lots of people would be happy to help you get started ::):

Sarius6 likes this.
  6. Sarius6

Yeah I probably should lmao, I see what you mean, there's way too many camping possibilities. I'll remove the two bottom chests plus the fish, and probably the mine trap as well. Also I didn't even see the problem with the waterfalls, I'll quickly edit that. Thanks for the feedback!

Biurza likes this.
  7. Ni

Ni Battle Angel Global Moderator Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Donator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. Active Forum Users

Rejected
    Reasons that led me to reject this map:
    1. While you tried to solve the camping problem I can still see some spots archers will abuse.
    2. The tower is really big what will lead to a lot of vertical combat.
    3. Generally the layout of the tower is too big to properly have fights in it.
    Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions about my decision:

You can contact me here:
    here or via Discord (Ni#4426)
    If you’are generally unhappy with my decision, please contact me either per dm on the Forum or via Discord (Ni#4426)