1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Savage 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by czubai, Aug 6, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Anyone?

2. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

Wait, what?

3. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

i only know the savage from the Mr. Bean movie where he plays a agent xD savage is there this frech-guy tryn to reach the UK throne :P

4. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh that was awesome... Like everything British

5. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

In terms of teamplay, Savage2 is one of the best games around. AND it's free. You ignorant gamers!

6. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Never played it, but I am downloading now.

7. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Glad I got the game some interest, it never came even close to reaching it's popularity potential.. Too ambitious/complicated (combining genres), and you have to learn and think to be good, actually. Very untrendy. But suprisingly there's a lot of capable players which usually allows for nice games on public servers.

8. dwatring

I've been playing for a few months now, and I kick total ass at this game. I'm the best commander. There's no one like me.

9. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

Let me use that time travel machine you've got! lol

I'm pretty good at playing sapling on the beast side and marksman with humans. I'm team top 3 like every public game, the spot I end up on depends on the commander a lot. Thus I shall talk to you on gTalk to get in one game some time. ;p

10. dwatring

Wow, it really has only been about a month. There's no way it's only been a month. Wow.

Anyway, we really should play. I love RTS games, and it seems most people don't like playing commander, so perfect game for me. I'm about R130. Or was when I last played...

11. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

I played it, its cool!

12. dwatring

More like, best game ever.

This game deserves so much more.

13. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

Downloading now... Promise to play with me?

I LOVE rts games. Favorite genre ever.

dwatring likes this.
  14. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

It's actually a mix of rts and action rpg. One guy is commander (rts), others are 'units' (action rpg). Everything's very much teamplay oriented.

Had a game where we were completely loosing, already down to our main base, basically waiting to get crushed (enemy had access to hellbourne units). In a desperate move, our commander asked one of his squad officers to sneak out of the battle behind enemy lines, close to their main (battle is won by destroying the command center) but somewhere they can't see (there is fog of war, a very important aspect of the game is scouting). In the meantime the defenders donated every penny they could get in the battle to the team. The squad officer succedeed, placed a spawn portal which allowed his squad to spawn as builders there. They built a garrison (team-wide spawn) quickly. The commander gave out the saved money to everyone just so that we could buy (spawn as) siege units, we went all out for their command center, ignoring everything else. We did it with our stronghold being able to last for like 3 seconds more. The rage, despair, confusion and even some admiration on the opposing team was priceless.

15. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

oh.... Well I'm half way done with the download so I guess I'll have to suck it up.

16. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

I really hope MM will not like this game!or we WILL wait the next update for some time lol

17. Noc

Noc Bison Rider

haha, clever you are.

18. dwatring

We had some okay games yesterday Czubai. We got crushed as those humans though. :(.

19. czubai

czubai KAG Guard Tester

It was kinda stacked, also my SF was 'fake', I did not play up to it. ;p I also think you should give your players more direction.. We did not cooperate at all, lacked any master plan. I just improvised, tried to create diversions to lure them away, but sucked too much. ;p

I wanna play today too, about the same time as yesterday if you don't mind. ;)

20. dwatring

I really would have done more. I usually do. But that was a big break to just jump right back in.

Hopefully we can play later today, and I wont suck ass as much.

Also, healer classes are totally my thing. That first game was all rez and heal. Umad humans?

Mods: BlueLuigi