1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Saving maps

Discussion in 'Help' started by BlueLuigi, Feb 25, 2015.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Saving maps apparently defaults to .KAG unnless you specify .png when saving the map.

I can however not find a way to load the .KAG files, I may be looking over it but in the baseloaders I only found .png and .cfg, wiki says about the same, ignoring .kag. Since it was made in Beta, I'm not sure I can open it in classic and it will work (don't have it installed).

Seems it would be a good idea to set .png to the default saving in the future. :S

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Pretty sure .kag files open up. I'm not sure how to load them via rcon, but you can load them via mapcycle.cfg (at least last I checked with my Zombies mod). but I agree, not that I map using in game editor but it would probably be more convenient for saving as PNG by default.

3. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

well, I know that saying that might be useless after what Kaizokuroof said. But you can check this post I posted 2 months ago to answer the same question
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/premium-vs-free-features.22704/#post-330012
    BTW did anyone try to change the saved file from .KAG to .PNG ? maybe changing the extension could do the trick? :p not sure and tbh I didn't try that before so there is a 10% chance of success (better than nothing :/ )

4. BlueLuigi

Changing that doesn't work. Also I'm well aware of making maps in paint.net/photoshop/etc, I've been making maps since classic, however I enjoy rounding up the maps ingame, or doing collabs that way, it is muc more fun when doing so. That said kaizokuroof pretty much answered the other way to do it, which is great, now I can save any .KAG ones I lost using the mapcycle method.

5. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Well according to the wiki commands:

loadmap [Maps/path/name] Loads the map from the folder Maps/Path/name.png or Maps/Path/name.kag.
    savemap [name] Saves the map into a file in the folder Maps/[name].kag. (Currently broken)

So you might be able to load the map via the loadmap Maps/BlueLuigi.kag but yeah, glad the workaround is working.

6. BlueLuigi

Yeah tried using that standard loadmap method and it simply crashes server every time.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey