1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Screen goes blank - W8

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Ej, Jun 2, 2013.

1. I got a brand new laptop and tried playing KAG. Did not succeed.
    When I turn on the game, everything works fine with the exception of no screen displaying. I can still click the buttons in both the launcher and the actual game menu. It just seems like my game was invisible.
    I have a Lenovo Ideapad. I get the bug both running the game with the cheapset and the nVidia graphic card.
    Pic related:
    kagtrouble.png

EDIT: apparently a driver issue. how2computers

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Did you install all drivers?

3. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

This sounds like a driver issue. You should go to ma-config.com and scan your computer. It'll provide a list of all the driver you need + download links. If you don't see any driver for your operating system (looks like windows 8 from the screenshot), then look for windows 7 drivers on that site.

4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I have very, very, very similar symptoms on my w8 acer thing (which sucks).

In my case, it's a "windows 8 is retarded" bug coupled with an "irrlicht assumes windows 8 is not retarded" bug. Workaround for me is to plug in a mouse, tablet, anything with a pointer.

Windows 8 must not give mouse information at all for touch stuff if a mouse isn't plugged in, so irrlicht just hangs trying to capture something on startup. Curiously it works with my fingers after I've plugged in a mouse.

If the mouse doesn't help it's some other issue but it looks exactly the same, right down to the point it halts at.

norill likes this.
  5. Downburst

I am pretty sure his problem was solved 20 minutes after he made this topic by installing the proper drivers.

6. actually it was not, i had all the drivers, I only downloaded DirectX which allowed me to run another game. KAG is still the same.
    I actually have my USB mouse always plugged in so I think I just lost hard :VVVVVVVVVV

7. Downburst

hmm weird, I have no problems running kag on my W8 laptop. (with probably worse specs than yours)

8. yeah, technically it should be able to run every single thing on this planet, it looks like some retarded compatibility issue

9. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

try running KAG in compatibility mode. Right click KAG and select "Troubleshoot compatibility". Try to tweak some things and see if it works.

10. The issue got fixed as nVidia released a new patch today, everything works fine.

Geti likes this.