1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Screen Recorder (Help)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Wargod-Loki, Aug 3, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

Hey guys, i search a screen recorder which should be very simple to record some KAG matches, anyone has a good tip?

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

If you want really good quality and do not hesitate to spend 27€ then go for Fraps. A free solution is Xfire for example.

3. poe

poe Shopkeep Stealer

I used camstudio before, it's pretty good, and free. Give it a try.

4. Wargod-Loki

Wargod-Loki Haxor

thanks, will try both and see what fits for me the best :)

5. dwatring

dwatring KAG Guard Tester

Fraps works the best for me. I use it on many-a-games. :D

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Fraps is good, but of course theres the aforementioned price D=. Somehow I managed to torrent a free version. I am naughty.

7. saniblues

saniblues KAG Guard Tester

I could direct you to a couple of websites where you could get some *cough cough* never ending *cough* free trials for some good programs, but that would be bad.

Camtasia is one hell of an expensive one ($300 USD WOWOW), but it's a pretty damn good one, and it comes with a 30 day trial. It also comes with full video editing software packed into it, which is why it costs so much.

Fraps is an alternative to Camtasia, and it's only $40. The drawback is that like most screen recorders, it'll eat up your harddisk space like a tiger eating a small child. The free version allows 30 seconds of recording if I'm not mistaken.

Camstudio is free, but it's really clunky if you're not using the right codecs. Look up some configurations for it and you'll be fine with that.

There are some recorders made in Game Maker, the efficiency of those ones is debatable.

8. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Neat show me teh torrent

9. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

I'm not really allowed to do that because that could come out as the mods endorsing torrenting. Just go searching google and you'll probably find it.

Mods: BlueLuigi