1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Seclevs, Blocks and Physics Headaches

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

Your argument seems invalid when you consider that a lot of things in KAG are "annoying" but are essentially just part of playing. Dying, in general, happens relatively often in KAG. If you want to be less general, we can talk about getting trapped in holes, getting knocked down into an abyss, falling on spikes, getting stabbed, getting slashed, getting crushed, getting beaten with a hammer, getting shot, drowning, falling from the sky, falling from a tall height in general, having said falling person land on your head, the list goes on I'm sure, but the point is, all of these ways to die are just as, more or less, annoying as any other way to die. Adding "burning and/or drowning on a sinking and burning boat" doesn't really seem like much of an issue really. Just an opinion, of course.

2. DrZaloski

DrZaloski Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah, but dying with a group in a fire by something as easy as one arrow on fire surrounded by death-water is typically more annoying then the average KAG death (getting slashed, falling in a hole, strapping an explosive lantern to your chest and running into a mass of enemy knights), which we typically want to avoid, because it annoys us. In other words, burning the boats on the sea is not as necessary as being able to kill stuff.

But I think for one it's necessary enough to be in the game, but the players on the boat would have to be able to deal with it just as easily as the archer can burn the boat. Even more easily if there are multiple passengers (balance of easiness between the amount of archers shooting and the players on the boat protecting it)

Also, knights will be able to block fire arrows right? I don't actually know, but I would be extremely worried if they couldn't. It would be overpowered as hell.

3. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

True enough, I suppose one of the main things that should be investigated then would be ways to counter fire in some way, so that it isn't without peer. Something as simple as a bucket filled with water, perhaps. Seems logical with the new inventory system coming out.

4. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

that or it might take many fire arrows to catch the boat on fire and could be put out by stomping it out

Froghead48 likes this.
  5. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

All sounds very complicated for something that's a counter to a counter to something that counters a massive pool of stalemate. I'm sure the passengers of boats will be susceptible enough to attack, and boats will be as vulnerable as any other siege weapons to regular arrows and bombs etc, setting them on fire too would just make them pointless.

6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

I think that not-burning boats will be OP if using woodshield(look at Premium Poster)come, then boat will turn into waterubernotpossibletodestroyf**kingwoodtank. Wood will burn but boats don't? :huh?:

I hope that people will be on fire...
    ON FIREEEE!

Really, would be funny as hell seeing people screaming "WATER!" running with fire on their back :p

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. Godrow

Godrow Shopkeep Stealer

...your scary as fuck but the dark side sounds fun and HECK FUCK YEAH

8. DrZaloski

I think some expensive boats should be fire proof, but not invincible. It's not to hard to aim and fire a cata, or chuck a bunch of bombs, especially at large boats. And I definitely think boats should not catch flame with one arrow, and the fire should be put-outable. Everything needs a counter.

Actually, I just gave myself another worry. How powerful will bombs, catapults, and ballistas towards boats? I can easily see a cata demolishing a boat, which would just bring the game to a horrid stalemate, at least on a war server with more vast seas.

Actually, thats a little off-topic. I'll go bring it up (if it hasn't been already) on a page about fire arrows and boats.

9. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Carver and I were talking and thinking that rather than having to create complicated extinguishing systems, why not just make it do a little bit of damage and then put it self out. It can do like x percent damage to boats and workshops and stuff.

10. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Because that would be no fun. The great part about fire is that it spreads! Otherwise, it wouldn't be much different from boulders.
    Of course, if there's really no time left, and fire is not completely developed, I guess this would be acceptable.

DrZaloski, Dennisaran and FlameHaze3 like this.
  11. DrZaloski

I sorta have to agree. I don't want fire to just be a damage buff or bleed damage. Also, as we can see on the Gold features page, fire is suppose to spread on fire. I'd like to see more features to KAG then just straight up upgrades.

FlameHaze3, lukepop and Rayne like this.
  12. Twisty

Twisty Catapult Fodder

That helped!
    </br>--- merged: Oct 24, 2012 11:49 PM ---</br>
    The ramp thing looks awesome!
    </br>--- merged: Oct 24, 2012 11:51 PM ---</br>
    yes i agree! Its an option!

IxKINGzZ and IxLUCKYzZ like this.
  13. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

.... You just bumped a 2 month old thread, and so did i...

14. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

Will the slat on an angle stone take more stone than making steir's because if it does than what is the point??.What does the things under neith the stone do with the lines??.Nice work though I know u put alot of effort in.

15. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I... Want... Test... Builds...

Boats...
    Special blocks...
    New war mode...
    Better modding...
    Farming...
    Ropes...
    New collapse system...
    Better catas...
    Better ressources...
    More trees...

Bugfixes? FUCK! I STOP PLAYING KAG NOW! :QQ:

So Geti, continue modding, you are pro for this, thanks for your awesome game :)

16. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

yes, everyone wants new stuff. That's obvious. Please stop necroposting for no valid reasons.

dandyking7179 and Bammboo like this.
  17. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Wanting new stuff isn't a valid reason?

18. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

No. This thread is from July, more than four months ago. There's no need to post in an old thread about how excited you are for a new (or upcoming) update. Such posts should at least belong in a more recent thread--if they are to be posted at all, since they don't actually contribute anything.

19. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

Meh, I suppose.

neil_v likes this.
  20. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Yes, this awesome, everything now will be smooth in kag :):):).