1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Security Level Mod

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by jackitch, Jan 23, 2013.

1. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Hi all,

I've attached all the files that I use for any new server that I set up. There are 11 levels, each with different features. You can edit them yourself pretty easily to add/remove levels, features, or commands. The filenames should be self-explanatory. I will include a detailed guide on how to build the levels from scratch and add it to the wiki when I have time, although there is already plenty of information there if you feel like learning about it.

The main reason I have posted here is because permanent bans are glitchy in classic KAG and sometimes banned users are able to get back on your server. This mod can serve as a help to server owners since it is super effective at keeping baddies out of your server (as long as you keep track of their ip and any alt accounts), since the denyjoin feature is 100.00% reliable (in my experience).

The list, in order of priority (which seclevs are checked first) is as follows:

1. Security/superadmin.cfg;
    2. Security/admin.cfg;
    3. Security/guard.cfg;
    4. Security/denyjoin.cfg;
    5. Security/denybuilder.cfg;
    6. Security/denyknight.cfg;
    7. Security/denyarcher.cfg;
    8. Security/mute.cfg;
    9. Security/vip.cfg;
    10. Security/premium.cfg;
    11. Security/normal.cfg;

Basic User Guide:

Save each file into your Base/Security Folder, after backing up your current levels. You can then read through each file and decide who you would like to add to each level, and which features you would like to give them.

The one important note I would like to make is that the seclev assignments read the $name, not the filename. For example, I included in the admin file, the name: Make Admin. This determines the text that is displayed in the Admin Seclev assignment menu and must match the text in the superadmin's assign list (not case sensitive). If you look at the two files you'll understand. Just be aware that the filenames must match what is in seclevs.cfg, and the seclev $names must match the names in the individual assign lists for each seclev. If this is confusing just ask and I'll explain in the thread and update the OP to make it clearer.

The End Product:
    seclevlist.png
    Basically you see here the list where a superadmin can assign users to a different security level. Note that this player is premium, since you cannot see the option to transfer them to a premium level, and because there are all the other options available besides guard and superadmin.

If anyone has any questions or needs help to implement a different configuration, you're welcome to ask and I'll help you out.

Attached Files:

2. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

i have a server, can you make a video or a guide on how to use this stuff? I dont quite get it

3. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I will for sure. Just a bit busy for the next week or so. I'll post an update here when it's done.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

No worries Jackitch, I will explain it.

Download all the files
    Go to KAG/Base/Security
    Past all (overwrite)
    Edit the (super)admin file to add your admins
    In KAG, go to [ESC] > Admin > blablabla* > Assign Seclev > Click what you want

*Select a player name

5. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Thanks Smurf! and thanks for the awesome mod!

6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Other useful levels that I have on Aus CTF include:
    Secret admins
    Senoir admin
    No voting rights
    Give Name Mouseover
    Admin level for guards (no red name)

7. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

sweet! I really like this and my mods love it also! Is there a a file so i can do that?

8. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

If your talking about my levels, they aren't hard to make. Just look thought the feature list contain on the kag wiki.