1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server Help and stuff

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Axel, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Axel

Axel Catapult Fodder

Hello everyone I recently setup a full premium ctf server and NOTICED no catapults and collapsed.
    After recovering from my concussion i was wondering why do the free servers get catapults is there a way to set so we get the premium stuff and the catapults. A copy of the config file for it would be good :P

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Moved, you could try setting your gamemode to FullCTF at dedicated_autostart.gm

3. Axel

Axel Catapult Fodder

CTF
    // 1 for TDM
    // 2 for Sandbox
    // 3 for Zombies
    // 4 for RTDM
    // 10 for TEST

these are the modes in the autostart? which one is fullctf
    </br>--- merged: Jun 16, 2012 10:11 AM ---</br>
    just turned it to fullctf and everything but still no catapults I think i have to go into /rules and change the settings in there but i am not sure which one I need help ^_^

4. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FullCTF intentionally does not have catapults or a build time by default - it is done to discourage turtling in and just besieging each others' base across the water.

VERY IMPORTANT
    https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Modding

Read the last part about autoupdating. If you want to modify the files in Rules/, you MUST copy them to a new directory like Rules/FullCTF-modified/ otherwise they will be replaced by the autoupdate the next time an update comes out. You copy the rules to a new directory then edit dedicated_autostart to load the rules from the new location.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

https://wiki.kag2d.com/wiki/Modding
    I added instructions on how to load rules from a new directory, tell me if it doesn't make sense, I'm half-asleep :)

You can add Catapults back in, in the FullCTF_room.cfg, just uncomment the siege workshop.

Basically, change this:
    Code:
    #SIEGE WORKSHOP; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/SiegeShop.png; $KEY7$ to build\ncatapult or outpost; catapult, outpost; g30, uSIEGE WORKSHOP;

to this:
    Code:
    SIEGE WORKSHOP; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/SiegeShop.png; $KEY7$ to build\ncatapult or outpost; catapult, outpost; g30, uSIEGE WORKSHOP;

Awesomec likes this.