1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

server help rcon says "you do not have the rules to login

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by godkirby, Nov 16, 2012.

1. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

My rcon refuses to log me in its so weird and i cant vote on my srver either its hopeless someone please help!!!

Godkirby

i likez mangos
    :zchicken:

2. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Can you paste the part of your log where you're getting the error message? Just make sure to delete any parts where you type in your password. By the way, unless you've got a complicated security level system, you shouldn't even have to log in to rcon. Your server should automatically recognize you as an admin / owner.
    EDIT: it sounds like your seclevs are messed up. Check the default levels on the wiki and make sure your username is in the admin file.

3. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

its weird because my security file has seclevs.cfg.example not seclevs.cfg
    </br>--- merged: Nov 16, 2012 1:22 AM ---</br>
    oh and im on mac

4. jackitch

Edit the filename extension to .cfg by right clicking he filename and selecting 'rename'.

Also, try to use the 'edit' button below your posts in instead of making a new post directly after your last one. It sends out an alert to everyone watching the thread.

5. godkirby

godkirby Bison Rider

ok now my rcon says you do not have suffecent permisions to login to rcon

6. jackitch

Can you please attach your superadmin.cfg and your securitysetup.cfg files? I'll have a look at them and tell you what you need to change.
    Btw, you should not have to login to rcon. With the way the new security levels have been designed, you will automatically be given rcon privileges as soon as you connect to your server.

7. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester