1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows KAG Server Hosting Help

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by JiffIez, Jul 15, 2018.

1. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Hi all. I'm currently trying to host a server for giggles and I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work. I've followed all the guides and checked online for help and I've found nothing regarding my problem. My problem is this:

I've gotten as far as setting up all the config files in the KAG directory. I'm able to get the server posted on the Server Directory List and I can see my server with an image of the minimap. However, the ping is showing no connectivity which doesn't make much sense since the server is hosting, it's on the master list, and I can see the correct minimap image being displayed with all other info being correct. I can connect via the "Connect to..." button by using localhost:50301. Any time I try to connect from the server directory, however, it gives me the error that there's no connection and to "check to see if the server is hosting" message.

I've port forwarded Port 50301 in both TCP/UDP on my router and I've set up rules via inbound communications for my firewall regarding the same port in both TCP/UDP as well. I've hosted a kag server before so I'm familiar with the process and can at least navigate the files decently so feel free to use technical terms or file names. Granted this was about 3-4 years ago now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This is not really unexpected, since the ping in the server browser is actually broken for ages.
    Can you connect through your IP in the "Connect to" window?

3. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

I cannot. I've used one of those free websites to test if my ports are open and it's saying all the ones I've tried to open are still closed. I have the server up and running on a dedicated server, so hosting it isn't so much of an issue anymore. I'm just curious as to why it wouldn't work. Thanks anyway.

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Those websites wouldn't help because port 50301 over TCP is unused by KAG, unless you have TCPR on (the KAG remote console over TCP). Due to the nature of UDP I don't think it can deal with that either but I could be wrong.
    Either your firewall is too aggressive, either your router firewall is (some routers have actually some sort of one), either you messed up your port forwarding (most likely).