1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Server kicking all players at map change

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Leo, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Leo

Leo Haxor

This happens from the time I am running kag servers and has NEVER been fixed. At map changes, and often, the server kicking all players out of the server. I have tried everything, removed all large maps, gave higher priority to server processes, gave affinity to every server to run in it's own cpu and NOTHING God damn helps. A E3-1270 v3 @ 3.50GHz, 8 cores with 32 GB of memory dedicated machine should be enough for some kag servers don't you think ? If your software can not handle more than 20 players just lock the fu...g slots at 20 or something and give us the owners peace of mind. Thank you and sorry if I am being harsh but it's really frustrating to see server dying from this bug.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. Leo

Leo Haxor

32 GB, sorry

3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the kag server isn't coded to work with multithreading, multiple cores will do you no good on a single server.

4. Leo

Leo Haxor

Yeah, so 3.50 ghz core is not enough for 28 slots server ? I use affinity and give 2 cores per server just to be sure. And when it's full it uses around 50% of a core, so cpu is not an issue here.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

sorry, i only skimmed the post.

how much ram does each server take up? i've experienced mass disconnects during memory leaks of 2gb or more. have you tried using a script to restart the server when it starts to memleak?

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I have this issue too, and not only on map changes, right @Diprog

7. Leo

Leo Haxor

Memory usage is slowly going up but this is not really a problem. I restart them all daily.

8. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

yea memory leaks are a problem
    using 3gb of ram when the server has no players
    [​IMG]

9. Asu

[12:27] <@Geti> https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/server-kicking-all-players-at-map-change.21103/ "just lock the players at 20 if your software cant handle it"
    [12:27] <@Geti> i'm tempted to just do that
    [12:27] <@Geti> and send him 30 smiley faces in the mail
    [12:27] <@Geti> and make the server notify you on start "leo <his email address here> requested this feature explicitly"

Well most likely it's due to a overload, try reducing the amount of blobs and the size of the map.

10. Leo

Leo Haxor

I have removed all the large maps from the servers. And how I am supposed to reduce the amount of blobs ? No comment on Geti's comment...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  11. Asu

By adding less "special" map elements - bushes, trees, bisons, platforms, traps, spikes...

12. Leo

Leo Haxor

I am sorry but ain't gonna happen. I am not gonna check every single map about special elements. Maybe I should have like 5 maps in rotation ? This is a bug and they should fix it somehow. I am just a customer not a developer.

13. Asu

I'm not sure if it's really related to that tbh..

14. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Jesus Christ.. Guys, you don't even say it's server owners' fault that they can not host servers with more than 24 slots and/or add high detailed things.. I don't know any other game with such problems. Asu, it's like in Terraria they should remove some mobs or reduce the frequency of spawning, remove vines, mushrooms, some items etc..

If Leo's servers are too weak, then how powerful machine you need to run a 28 slot server without any problems?
    Everyone knows there's a huge problem with KAG. All these FPS drops after few mins, crashes, errors in the console, random kicks..
    Look how many threads about 'em is here and on the steam forum (there's an example, may not be the best, but it's the first I found, one of the dozens). My PC is a crap, toaster, whatever but there are some people with good machines and they have all those problems as well..

KAG needs optimization (which probably will never happen). To play this game you must have a new, powerful computer, as if it was Skyrim on ultra details. Is there any game like KAG that is bugged as hell and needs a good PC?
    For example - I can play Minecraft, Terraria, Robocraft and other, similar multiplayer games on 30 slot servers without all these problems.. Why? Games are optimized, written as best they could be.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  15. Asu

If it can help, when I get massively kicked, the console is spammed of "Bad snapshot delta" or something like this...

I barely never have lags naturally, only when dumbasses are using the scroll of drought in the fun ctf. Well, I have a i5-4670K OC but that's another story c:

My laptop handles KAG very well with a Core 2 Duo from 2008 with a 240m. If I remember right I rarely had lags, only on big big servers.

Yeah... As you said KAG seems to be terribly optimized. I wish they do a huge bug-fixing and optimizing patch someday.

16. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Game crashes everytime on launch, can't play after 5 minutes on 32 slot server, bombs go through walls, lots of bugs, being one of the few survivor of the massive kicks... but I love KAG the way it is, the game is still awesome!
    Back in classic when my server was full (28 player), there was a map switch and everyone got kicked. I still see this issue today. But my worst problem is that you can't play on a big server because of the army of blobs.

RadioActive likes this.