1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server ping and kill log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vig, Jun 9, 2011.

1. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

In the server list, the servers should most definitely have pings determining server lagginess. Just like in good old Soldat.
    and
    Every time that someone kills another, it should be declared in a either 'You killed Player' or 'Player killed You' fashion.

Addendum:

It is fairly annoying to join a server in order to find out that it's a laggy piece of crap and then have to try another server until a suitable one is found.

The kill declaration is important so that the next time I get killed by a speed hacker, I would be able to tell who killed me.

2. Gumball135

Gumball135 Guest

Sure, as long as the kill announcements are toggle-able.

3. Tsuki

Tsuki Guest

Yes I want that too.

4. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

yeah I agree with the ping and kill system.
    for knight it would be like

Overlord o==[]________/ Peasent

showing the picture of the weapon would be better then text i think :D

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Yeah a killfeed like most FPSes would be cool. I found myself missing it from CoD, as I didn't really have any hint if we are winning in the battle I'm rushing to or not.

6. Kelaisnow

Kelaisnow Guest

I want to get revenge on my nemesis 'Questionmark', as I'm sure he's killed me plenty of times. But he's always an archer, so I never get a chance to make sure.

7. Lancelot

Lancelot Guest

I honestly enjoy not having a kill log. It makes you focus more on the team element instead of starting a petty rivalry with an individual on the other team

8. m00`

m00` Guest

yeah please don't add a kill log. It is not an indication of who's winning, the gold is an indication of whose winning!

I think the K/D count should be removed all together. This game isn't Soldat its supposed to be much more team oriented so please stop trying to bring everything from other games and let it just set its own path

9. nginferno

nginferno Guest

I have to disagree with moo. A kill log is information in its on form and should be added to the game. It helps players to determine the flow of battle to which they decide when to charge in and when to retreat and build up defenses.

10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

In my opinion there definitely should be a kill log. It could be a server-side option. It would be up to hosts whether turn it on or not. (Imagine that we could later have other gamemodes like DM or anything like that - where kill log is essential.)

As for ping at server list - F12. (YES)