1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Server

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Ghozt, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I want to run a server at school, bit master.kag2d is block, so I wanted to run a server with a application like hamachi, but where in the config files is the ip adress you connect through even if there is, also if I run a proxy I get my laptop wiped and taken, also what is a decent config file settings for a average server of ctf.
    So basically where in the files do I change my ip adress I connect to the master with.

2. Machinista

Machinista Shopkeep Stealer

I am assuming that what you actually want is a server for some LAN gaming fun?

AFAIK, you don't actually need to connect to the master server to run a KAG server for LAN gaming > get everyone on the LAN to use the 'connect to...' option to connect directly to the server's LAN IP.

Now go read the Kag Wiki server section for setup info: http://kagwiki.com/wiki/Server

3. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

OK thanks for your help that's greatly appreciated

4. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

It wont work, I put my ip in and take away the password, do I need to run a file???
    EDIT: I just cant get it to run I have put in my ip port and no password but still nothing it says it cant find the adress and check the server is still running, do I need to run a server or something???

5. EchoLynx

EchoLynx Catapult Fodder

6. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

Can somebody just email me the file so I can swap the file with yours to make it easy for me because I am not really good at this, and what I need to change can you please write a caption on what i need to do. If you can do that I will pm you my email. I will be so grateful if someone can do this for me. Thanks.