1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Shovels, Mining Bombs, and Grass Regeneration!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jepton, Mar 30, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I've brainstormed some new ideas that I think could add to the game itself. Feel free to criticize and suggest improvements.

Shovel/Automatic Shovel: A digging tool that is essentially the opposite of the drill.
    • Costs 50 stone (Half the cost of a drill).
    • Can destroy dirt and stone resource blocks faster than pickaxes (150% faster).
    • Would not harvest stone from resource block.
    • Cannot destroy stone (Block).
    • Would break/overheat (Manual/Automatic versions) if you attempt to mine stone blocks.
    • Would be available at start of TTH
    Edit: To nerf, it could overheat while digging anything, and overheat faster if it mines stone resource blocks. Also, drills and shovels could both take up 2 inventory spaces, making having both of them a problem.

Mining Bomb: A harmless bomb that is great at destroying dirt, stone (resource), and plant life.
    • Costs 50 coins at builder shop
    • Would destroy any natural tiles in the ~5x6 'explosion', roughly centered at bomb.
    • Would not directly damage players.
    • Automatically trigger (Mine-like) and explode when any player touches it.
    Grass Regeneration: Finally you have that perfect lawn you wished for!
    • When corpses and certain food items de-spawn, they bring life back to the dirt and dirty stone around it. Could be a 2x5 radius centered around corpse.
    Edit: Woops it made the game lag. Nevermind.

I'd love suggestions and am open to improvements.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  2. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

Conflict.. Eh nvm I see what you mean, built stone block.

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

@ grass regen
    I'm pretty sure a while ago Geti said they tried that and it lagged the whole game to a pile of shit. Won't comment on the rest.

Edit:
    Just read the rest of your post and had to say something.
    That shovel sounds like a tunnelers best friend. Someone could just carry a shovel and drill to tunnel through the whole map with ease.
    This is exactly what the original problem with the drill was, until they nerfed it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  4. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Don't like the shovel idea as it would just encourage minecrafters and builders to tunnel under the map the whole length of it, it's not a bad idea just don't think it's really needed.

Mining bombs... we aready have kegs, mines, bombs, bomb arrows, and balistas.

Now the grass regeneration idea is good, think I've seen it mentioned before. Would be especially cool to see more wildfires set in the game.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Eh, plant regeneration is pretty much one of those things no one would object to; that is, up until implementation.

For the most part, it would be a neat side effect of the landscape being bathed in blood, gore, and food items. (This would have to happen very quickly, considering how fast people ruin flora.)
    Considerably, it'd just be nice to have damaged dirt to regenerate, too.

Code-wise, it'd have to save a list of positions of despawning corpses/food items, and randomly spawn flora nearby.

6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Pizza likes this.
Mods: Rainbows