1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Show player's IP when they connect to your server

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by makmoud98, Aug 10, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

This should only appear in the console or only show admins. It helps because sometimes people will reconnect with alternate accounts if you ban them while they are not on the server. This is because when you ban while they are offline the server doesn't ban the IP, only the username. Although there isn't a command to ban someone's IP you can manually put it in the blacklist.cfg file( which is something I would do ). Another way to combat this problem would be to allow the ban command to remember the player's last connected IP. Maybe even add a /banip command.... I know that this has a couple different suggestions but they are all there to combat the same issue :\

Thanks for reading and please post your opinion :D

Anonymuse and kodysch like this.
  2. Takain

Takain Ballista Bolt Thrower

who would be dumb enough to risk a second account after losing the first O_o, its dangerous because theres many people who play on shared IPs and one players fault could cause a ban on many accounts
    - my opinion-

And btw are u sure when someone get banned their IP doesnt get automatically banned?
    i know a guy which always he gets kicked his brother on same IP gets kicked too

3. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

thats only if they are kicked/banned while they are on the server... some people will grief then leave and there is no way to get their IP

Mods: Rainbows