1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Siege: Right click to cancel shots

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bru-jaz, Dec 21, 2016.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

As the archers, using the right click to cancel the shooting process would enable the player to avoid:
    • Teamates being launched too far/short with the catapult when the shooter was already aiming at another target.
    • Destroying own buildings.
    • At an inminent attack, the player can jump out of the vehicle without wasting ammo, and avoiding the possible collateral damage that the missed shot could cause.
    Side uses:
    Fool the enemy letting think you are out of ammo.

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

This is an essential feature which needs to be implemented for siege weapons.
    The only thing I will add is that it should take a while for you to cancel the shot, as in it takes a while before you can shoot again (like a cooldown sorta thing). Considering how long it takes for you to charge a shot it should take a fair bit of time cancelling it.

Magmus, bru-jaz and RedOTheWisp like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Done, as a bonus catapults now actually pay attention to their cooldown time (effectively limiting rate of fire and preventing low-velocity spam)

bru-jaz, Magmus, SlayerSean and 2 others like this.
  4. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

So just like ballistae behave in regards to cooldown time? Sweet!

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep, it's the same behaviour (cooldown expires before charging is allowed).

It is a flat nerf to cata firing speed since they've been ignoring it this whole time, but since I hear complaints about cata spam being OP, I'll go with this and we'll see if it needs adjustment.

bru-jaz and SlayerSean like this.
Mods: Rainbows