1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Simcity (aka Simcity 2013 or Simcity 5)

Discussion in 'Other games' started by EhRa, Sep 22, 2015.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Brought out in 2013, this Simcity is a remake of all the previous version. It comes with better graphics etc. Seems pretty good, about to give it a try once my download finishes.
    What does it fair with Simcity 4 (i've got that game too, so difficult :C)

http://www.simcity.com/

2. Simcity 3000 and Simcity 4 were the apex of their genre. I'm sure you're aware of the launch debacle that hit Simcity 2013/5 that basically destroyed all interest in the series and tarnished its once great name. I used to play Simcity 2k when I was younger, and nowadays I play Cities: Skylines, a worthy inheritor to the city sim throne.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Agreed, it's just such a pain C:S doesn't have multiplayer. People say that multiplayer is what ruined SimCity; I disagree, even though SimCity wasn't the best game, it the ability to play with your friends wasn't really the downside here.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I always played Simcity DS, that game was fucking awesome

5. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

SimCity used to be so fun, the older versions anyway... until they pulled that crap on 5, not sure I'd play a future one if they try to use it for controversy like that again.

6. EhRa

1. KRPG

I've started to play it last night, the maps are painstachingly small and it feels too easy, compared to simcity 4.

Im thinking of buying Cities Skylines, has anyone played it and if so, is it good?

7. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

imho, the best in the genre atm
    some melancholia warriors would probably argue that "old simcities will never be beaten, aasdlfhajsdak", but if you ask me, it's worth it, especially if you enjoy that kind of games.

8. EhRa

1. KRPG

Wish I had money to buy it :(

Anyway, I installed a bunch of mods to Simcity and it drasticly improves the game, Mainly project Orion which makes the maps WAY bigger.

Mods: BlueLuigi