1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Simple Archer Reticle

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by BigBaggie, Mar 9, 2012.

1. BigBaggie

BigBaggie Builder Stabber

[​IMG]

Dunno if I got the right section in the forums. A simple archer's reticle done in greyscale, can be easily turned to any colour.

Actually in greyscale it's hard to tell which point it's at so I'd advise colouring it first

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Good start anyways. Maybe someone could make it gradually fill up with color from bottom to top as the charge increases?

3. zninja

zninja Shopkeep Stealer

If you inspect the image in some editor you can see it DOES gradually change color. As BigBaggie said it isn't very visible in grayscale. [Edit: ugly reticle attachment removed]

4. BigBaggie

[​IMG]

Mine's a fixed red variant of that, there are certain pixels there that shouldn't be.

What I was going for originally didn't even have a cross hair. I was hoping to make a sort of glowing tail that went around the circle until it was maxed. I made it but didn't like it so stuck with this.
    </br>--- merged: Mar 9, 2012 6:32 PM ---</br>
    [​IMG]

Also a simple recolor of the red hearts and lessening of the original background color. The 2nd box to the bottom is actually replicated for each unique item the player holds in case anyone wants to know. I had put a black rose over the two lowest and ended up with like an 8 headed rose with 1 stalk.

palmito likes this.
  5. palmito

palmito Shopkeep Stealer

for me the reticle should be editable as well as in CS2D. :p
    these hearts are perfect. :migrant:

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I liked that reticle it, looked more exact.
    I took your archer reticle and changed it a bit
    archer_cursor.png
    basically it gets animated to look like it's focusing on the target (although it's not as smooth as it could be). The 4 dark rings are show low powered shots, the next orange circles show weak shots and the last 2 represent fully charged shots.

Anyways, thanks for it, I'll be using it.

7. BigBaggie

Wow very nice, I'm using that one now lol. TY Palmito and Kouji ^.^

BlueLuigi and Kouji like this.
  8. KnightGabe13

KnightGabe13 Arsonist

Built upon Kouji's version, got this. Not very fluid, but there's only so much color you can put into a certain amount of pixels and frames. Jus' cause I liek green. Tested it on the field! :p
    [​IMG]

9. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

If it helps me aim better I might actually use it! Though it's more of a sniper reticle than a bow.

KnightGabe13 likes this.
  10. Pesinario

Pesinario Builder Stabber

I agree,If the admins leave me i will fix it

11. errrr.....I'm pretty new to the forums but, where is the download(preferably for Kouji's version)?:huh?:

12. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Just right click the image and click Save as.