1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Single Player Mechanism Preview, Build Server News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

@Skinney has been hired for a trial term at THD working on some exciting single-player content!

[​IMG]

This gif shows his progress on activated/programmed entities, which may find their way into multiplayer builder-wars modes eventually, but in the short term will be in the game as single player level traps, toys in sandbox, and possibly added to TDM levels for some variety. We’re very excited for the work he’s been doing which largely lines up with our thoughts on how mechanisms in KAG might work - now they’re a reality!

Build Server News!

The build server is being worked on and back online and spitting out builds, however some of the KAG stuff isn’t working after all the engine migration and development for TR - we’re working on fixing it, but it’s great just to see movement in that area. We have TR building (which means private testing can start) but KAG requires a bit of extra love as it’s hooked up to a system already used by people - we have to make sure we don’t break people’s games in the mean time!

In short, we should be able to test the intermediate changes that have been made to KAG soon, and put out a public build after that. We’ll keep you posted!

Have fun!

Max/Geti

Originally from: http://www.thd.vg/post/102600819295/kag-single-player-mechanism-preview-build-server

Forum Addendum: Hey guys, let us know what you think about the mechanism stuff, where you'd like to see them used, and any ideas for fun mechanisms.
    We'd like to see a builder-wars mode using this at some point (would be a nice twist on sandbox!) but we don't know if it could fit into CTF, TTH etc nicely.
    TDM maps with mechanisms will probably work well once the mechanisms are part of the map loaders, which should allow a lot of mechanism design fun as well!

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Looks great! Personally I'd like to see a new type of trap block that appears to be a normal block, but then disappears when activated. Also, maybe a block that explodes when activated? It could be used to create small collapse traps on unsuspecting enemies. Also maybe a flamethrower block? Pretty please?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Adrianza, icemusher and makmoud98 like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

Noburu likes this.
  4. is it called "blue stone" though?

5. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Are there going to be movable blocks, like if you activate the lever they can squish players? They could destroy the ladders and push bombs, kegs and enemy players off the wall.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  6. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

A mode with no explosions, or less powerful ones, would fit for this kind of constructions. Builder-wars sounds great, and, why not, a tower-defense mode against ai or players too.

7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Brace yourselves, Minecraft comments are coming.

Froghead48 and Asu like this.
  8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

9. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Pressure plates would be neat for activating boulder traps. I hope this will help make some cool singleplayer/co-op levels, where you go dungeon crawling or castle crashing. Also, booby-trapped chests.

stabborazz and PinXviiN like this.
  10. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Wow, awesome job Skinney!
    I might play a bit KAG back for this...

Froghead48 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I think there should be a way to make the lever stay on. This would be really cool if you had a TTH style archer shop spawning arrows so they keep filling the machine up.

I think you should make a remote activated mine by using wires.

Pressure plates would be cool.

It would also be cool to fill that arrow launcher with special arrows and/or bombs.

Rocketlock likes this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

[​IMG]
    (obviously repeat rate/ammo for the arrow blocks will need to be sorted out, haha)

13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

JoshTG and Joiken like this.
  14. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Is that @Skinney's new head, or are we all getting some love? :heart:

Dargona1018 likes this.
  15. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I WANT THOSE SOO BADLY I WANT TO PLACE THEM FACING DOWN ON A WALL STICKING OUT FROM A TOWER

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  16. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Holy sheit. :O
    This looks exciting...! I'd make so many traps... like a pro :O

17. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

This is why video games have been created.

Are the numbers the signal power? Will we need like repeaters as in minecraft?

18. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Is the shots supposed to have bad accuracy?

19. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

If someone hosted a sandbox server with this...

Can imagine it now

Looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it! Keep up
    the good work!

One thing tho, got a feeling if it's going to be in game against people, might be better if you can buy ammo for it?

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

It looks like it, just like the current mounted bow.

FuzzyBlueBaron and 101i like this.