1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Single Player tutorial / training

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by toffie0, Feb 25, 2016.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Good evening /morning / afternoon,

The idea I would like to suggest is making a single player option on Trench Run that lets the player train. Before entering there is the option of selecting how many bots you wish to have and the boys class. Upon entering using a button (similar to kag) you have the ability to freeze the bot, making them a target for the player.

This allows the player to practice their aim and fighting skills before joining a match.

Another suggestion I would like to make is the option of a tutorial. Before entering the player has the option to learn the basics, explain the lobby or choose one of the classes to learn about. Within the tutorial is a man that acts as your commander and helps train. He uses speech bubbles to explain how to play the game, pictures may be included. After the player completes the steps he'd say another option. At the end of the player is learning a class an enemy will appear and the player will have to defeat him / her signaling fireworks to start. Throughout the tutorial there is jokes etc. so the player does not get bored. If explaining the lobby, the man would often smoke, or would sit down buy himself a drink asking what the player is staring at, before offering to buy the guy a drink. (Players can experience what being drunk is like).

2. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Why no replies? It's a good idea. Although you can practise within the "local" mode. But ive already suggested (in a comment of a tr update) a "test" map in the menu that allow to practise the weapons and classes with dummies.
    As a side note: Kag should have something like this as well (tweak the save the princess mode to be more focussed on learning how to match pvp and how basic Ctf and Tth works)

Mods: 101i, Mazey