1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Skybridges begone

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by copper40, Aug 1, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. copper40

copper40 Casual Misogynist

Just lost to a dickhead team that used a cheap ass skybridge. Can we make it to where you can't build those? You know like in the classic version?

And I'm not the only one noticing it, many players are frustrated with noobs doing it.

PinXviiN and Contrary like this.
  2. studios

studios Shipwright

I completely agree. I came back to KAG after about half a year away. Skybridges ruin any fun the new features give. It was such a big thing to incorporate building supports... I have no idea why they would backtrack on it. Geti's reply in one of the accouncement threads "they are easy to kill though." :p

Which, honestly, makes sense. But the devs only play with professional players who would see a skybridge and take it out ASAP. Most people won't be good enough at the game to recognize a skybridge is being built and work as a team to take it out (it's very hard to take one out solo).

3. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Sorry that you lost to a tactic that can easily be countered and though out the last couple builds got nerfed
    </br>--- merged: Aug 1, 2013 7:24 PM ---</br>
    Don't worry buildings, even though your team might not be the best, don't last.

4. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's clearly easy to build stuff that shouldn't have enough structural integrity to be standing. I think this needs to be worked on. More realistic physics.

5. fire mayke
    bombjump doo

edit: "realistic" argument is just dumb

Jlordo and Guitarman like this.
  6. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Take out the tower that it's based on.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Dude. Most skybridges can easily be bombjumped on. Take 4 bombs in your inventory or 3 bombs and a drill, BJ and then take it out. Simple as that.

Skybridges in the current version are great because they actually prevent a lot of stalemates, and the majority of them remind more actual bridges than skybridges, as usually they're not built very high.

8. Diago

Diago Builder Stabber

Without a dedicated team attempting to take out the skybridge, it's often impossible for a single vigilante knight to achieve much. It's not uncommon to only notice an enemy skybridge once enemy knights are raining down upon your home base if no one is keeping an eye on the expanded mini map.

Often players don't build skybridges from the front lines where they are susceptible to attack, they do so from the safety of the edge of the map.

9. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I saw there was a skybridge, i built fire factory myself, got 2 fire arrows, shot it, and it went down, if its far away + trampoline like I do hehe :D I need to go below and shoot it, or jump from my base with trampoline and shoot again, its one way ticket but oh well.

10. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

There's other classes you know

11. Diago

Diago Builder Stabber

There is a debate whether skybridges are difficult to destroy or not. I think the crux is whether they contribute to the gameplay experience or not.

If they aren't difficult to destroy, then you wouldn't want an engineer to waste time and resources building one.
    If they are difficult to thwart then they are imba.

In either case, is everyone having fun and not feeling cheated?

Contrary likes this.
  12. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

People feel cheated and not cheated at the same time.

13. we call this incident "the Schrödinger's bridge"

link6155 and Guitarman like this.
  14. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

But Diago, I'm a married vigilante knight.

I've got kids to worry about.

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I think that regardless of whether skybridges are easily handled or not, you have to ask yourself if making single ply bridges stretching out over the whole map is the kind of gameplay you can be proud of, the kind you can take home to meet your parents? We're getting actual like, decent features now so there's no need to try to hang onto old oversights like notch climbing and held bomb jumps that we used to accept in lieu of good legitimate game mechanics.

16. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

Get the physicists, this deserves a Nobel prize.

17. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

They will always feel cheated and not cheated, because yesterday I played a game, and they had a really high bridge from their hall, and they were almost jumping on top of our hall for like 20 min, and they did that, because we couldn't pass trough their knights so we can get close enough to destroy the foundation of the bridge which was 1 layer of block, but later one knight snuck up and destroyed it with 1 bomb, and we turned the tide, we won the game afterwards, they couldn't capture our hall either because we had trampoline that transports us directly on top of the hall.
    So to summary, the bridges are long, but not that long so its OP, i mean its not from 1st hall till 4th hall, its from 1 hall to another, that's the limit and its okay, now its another question if the other team can pass their defenses and blow the bridge with 1-2 bombs or use 1 fire arrow.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 6, 2013 9:19 AM ---</br>

For those who like notch climbing its still here but more difficult to make
    :castle_wall:
    :bridge: (facing the direction that you are climbing so if you are climbing from the right put it to face right side)
    :door:
    :bridge:
    :door:

18. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Where in the honor book did it say thou shall not make bridges with little support to help your team advance when the other team has the same opportunity to do so. I really don't care if there is a builder campong on a skybridge with a cata(its happend to me) I won't say "Oh, you bitch you don't deserve the kills..." If I was gona ask you how you feel proud about chasing a little builder into a 2*2 room and slaughering him and think to you self that you are so pro.

Mods: Rainbows