1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Small Modder Job (payment for coding)

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by daskew87, Sep 25, 2016.

1. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Hey guys I am hosting factions right now and I have some ideas about how I would like to change it.

Better weapons
    Bison that attack enemies but leave the owning team alone
    Some new resources (to make trade interesting)
    Being able to relocate your faction building (you have about 1 minute to replant or your faction dies)
    Adding eagles (spriting and AI already done)

PM me about it.

I would like to send money in stages. After every task is completed.

The payments obviously wont be huge. But I think they would be a nice little reward for getting a cool ass mod improved.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

In what is it codded

3. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

@daskew87 this isn't the 1st time you have asked something like this. i think instead of paying for others to mod, why not pay for yourself to get taught how?(even though you can do it for free) It's a lot more fun making mods that you want to make (not that i have, but making games with game maker is really fun as long as you don't run out of ideas)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's KAG modding

Frikman and daskew87 like this.
  5. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

6. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

i think he meant what language? C++ / Angel Script

lisedupuis111 likes this.
  7. lisedupuis111

lisedupuis111 Haxor

Welp im out if its c++

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

what did you expect, it's a KAG mod... obviously coded with KAG's modding system

icemusher likes this.
  9. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Bison teaming would not be hard to create, however unless the devs add tile creation support, blob blocks are just way to messy to deal with. Spark trees and other things like trees would work. I am currently working on "better weapons" for say and if someone is going to edit and modify my equipment system I would like them to talk to me first. If eagles are already coded and sprited then its just copy and paste right?

Idk dask, I think what people like about this mod is how close to vanilla it is. Complexity isn't always the answer. I would be willing to help with weapons and the bison teaming for free, but the other thing you are going to have to teach yourself or get someone else.

makmoud98 likes this.
  10. cesar0

cesar0 Emperor Donator

This man speakes words of wisdom.

FunATuns likes this.
  11. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Just FYI, this already exists, its just hard to work with and under-documented. All of the tiles in TR are added with scripts, not engine-side code. The hard part is realising that there's no "tile HP" and that you're going to have to write all of the hit logic; collisions, rendering and solidity are handled though.

+1 to dask for this initiative either way.

12. LordPumpkin

LordPumpkin Bison Rider

@daskew87 I was wondering if you get payed extra for dank mods

13. dabby1331

dabby1331 Ballista Bolt Thrower

its c++, STUFF c++, the flashbacks AHHHHH

14. asger75

asger75 Haxor

@Pirate-Rob u gave me a bunch of shit for this, what're ur bootiful words of encouragement?

15. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

Okay well this thread has given me some options.

I would be very happy if some people flagged up more potential modders.

FLAG DEM MODDERS!

epsilon and joshua12131415 like this.
  16. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

17. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Can we get some docs than :D Custom tiles would be awesome

18. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

Nobody flagged me?!?!

Then again, nobody flagged @AsuMagic yet, so I'm not that hurt

joshua12131415 and king-george like this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sorry for the delay on getting back; been a busy week so far :)

Proper documentation here is a lot of work - @8x has already got custom tiles working for his waste kind mod so he's the one to ask in the short term. I'm happy to answer any specific questions ("how do we work around x issue?") but don't have time at the moment to write up the whole thing start to finish ("how to make custom tiles"), especially as there's a lot of different ways to approach the problem and there's already a few working code examples around (the most complete one being TR's map system)

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I did this small tutorial for implementing tiles into the map loaders.

https://forum.thd.vg/threads/implementing-custom-tiles-not-blobs-at-the-map-loaders.25694/

PROBLEMS with custom tiles are mainly that they don't offer a reliable support as vanilla tiles do, and I couldn't manage to make them buildable ingame, destructible, or mineable.
    For those who know some more coding, check TrenchRun. Also, you can do plenty of stuff like autotiling (I wasn't capable of coding despite the dedicated help from Skinney).

makmoud98 and Geti like this.