1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Confirmed Engine KAG Smooth filter (hq2x) causes highlighted objects to turn white

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lostviking, Dec 31, 2013.

1. lostviking

lostviking Catapult Fodder

Having the smooth filter (hq2x) enabled causes highlighted objects to turn white on Linux. I first noticed it when changing classes in the tutorial. But the quickest way to test this is to start the game with "nolauncher" parameter, then open up a single player sandbox game and try to chop a tree. Client build #977 on Linux.

Here is a screenshot: screen-13-12-30-18-34-57.png

I have an Optimus laptop and the behavior exists when using both the Intel GPU and the Nvidia GPU.

I tried mucking about in the Base/Shaders/hq2x.frag but I wasn't able to solve the problem. But I was able to form a guess about what's happening: Whatever shader is being used to performing the highlighting is taking place after the hq2x renderer, and it would work properly if it took place before (so the hq2x shader should run last, after the highlighting). The hq2x shader sets the output alpha to 1 and I wonder if that's what's violating the highlighter's expectations.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    zerd likes this.
  2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

I confirm, tested with a GTX 760 and a GT 240M. This happen since the silent beta...

3. WilomanCZ

WilomanCZ Catapult Fodder

The same problem on Ubuntu/Kubuntu 12.04-14.04 on Nvidia with Optimus and on Intel.

4. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

I'm pretty sure this glitch is all round. Its been here a while and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks it intended.

5. WilomanCZ

WilomanCZ Catapult Fodder

How i see, this bug is only on Nvidia Optimus (Bumblebee / nvidia-prime)

6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

It isn't, it happen on my GTX 760 on my comp ( Not a laptop ).

7. Leo

Leo Haxor

WTF ? I thought this was a feature... not so big of a problem though.