1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Software to make sprites? (texture packs)

Discussion in 'General Help' started by flipperz, Jan 13, 2013.

1. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

I need some software to make texture packs, but I duno any?

2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Paint, GIMP, Paint.NET, Photoshop...

There are really a lot, although I highly recommend Paint.NET.

WarrFork likes this.
  3. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Paint.net is for sure my favorite one and you should'nt use Paint because it dosen't handle transparency.

4. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

I personally prefer GIMP, but that's because I'm comfortable with it. You just need to try them out and see which one you like better.

5. paradoxicalenigma

paradoxicalenigma Arsonist

You can also use aseprite, its very simple and relatively easy to use. One of the main reasons why I like it is because when you load up a picture or other textures to edit, a pallette usually comes up with all the colors currently being used. So you don't have to do that tester function to get the same color. Its also easy to make invisible backgrounds.

6. flipperz

thanks guys, I went for paint.net in the end, brilliant program. but it had the same name as the dumb windows paint, which is uterly useless. :p

7. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

How dare you insult my MSPaint! It will always hold a special place in my heart!
    Probably an extremely sadistic place.

paradoxicalenigma likes this.
  8. flipperz

I was making texture pack, but suddenly i can no longer left click to add anything onto it, i can pick what colour I want and all, but i cannot left click the dumb image. (i can right click which makes a white line when i do but nothing else. got any advice?