1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Solo creative sandbox mode!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Egholm, Mar 14, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Introduction:
    Whenever I get an idea and really wanna build/try a trick or just generally practicing I'd like to be able to switch on a creative mode in the solo sandbox adventure. I've tried to search for sandbox servers but they all have very bad ping and rarely any servers up. So what I'm stuck with is have a friend and I connect to an empty TTH server for practicing some tricks.
    Still doesn't help me when I wanna build something real quick and it's not always I got a friend to come join an empty TTH server.

What I'd like to see in such a gamemode:
    Must have:
    • Ability to toggle on/off creative mode (create/buy anything for free)
    • When in creative mode you break stuff instantly
    • Ability to toggle on/off day cycles
    Luxury suggestions:
    • Ability to toggle on/off flying mode
    • Ability to toggle on/off god mode (No damage taken in any way or form)
    • A "Practice kit menu" like the emote menu but for a list of items to spawn for when practicing bombjumps, etc.
    Please make this happen!!!
    And let me know what you guys think.
    Maybe more suggestions or changes? ::):

ThE_HeRo, PinXviiN and AmestriStephen like this.
  2. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Very cool idea; tho i dont think that anyone will do sumthen about this ;_;

3. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

One can always hope. :rollseyes:

I wanted to make a step by step of my favourite buildings like frontwalls, shops, tunnels etc.
    And write a bit about advantages and disadvantages. And ask about opinions and see what others had of favourites.
    This could help new players get ideas as well as experienced players. :smug::thumbs_up:
    The work is just too much in a normal sandbox mode. ::(:

4. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Wait so its a online gamemode?

Why not just go on a sandbox server with commands?

5. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

You didn't read my introduction then.
    I want to be able to test and build stuff quickly as an offline gamemode. Just like the sandbox they got for solo. But as it is now you gotta gather everything just like normal, and items has costs. There's no "creative mode".

When I try to join an online sandbox server with commands. Either there's no such server up or there's a few but all have crappy ping for me. I'm guessing they're hosted in the US.
    So it becomes practically impossible to go in a gamemode by yourself and train/build these things.

6. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

You can turn on test mode in sandbox singleplayer.....

7. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Once you turn on test mode (type sv_test1 into the console (accessed by pressing the "home" key on your keyboard) (correct me if I am wrong)) you can use commads such as !mat_stone or !keg to get items instantly. You still have to break stuff like normal but at least you don't have to farm for materials (you can always use !drill if you want to break stuff quickly using a drill). You might even be able to change the 'damage' the pick does to blocks so you can break them instantly but I have no idea how to do that.

There's a bunch of other commands you can use in the console, such as changing gravity, that you can do too.

zerd and Egholm like this.
  8. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Okay, I did not know that you actually could bring it up. But it's still rather complicated and why doesn't it say this anywhere?
    I searched and searched after I was told by eragon200012 that you can do it already. But no where to be found how.
    So, thanks tru0067 for explaining how. But my suggestion stands.
    I want it to be easily accesable and at very least make a tutorial on how to do it so it's easy to find. ::):

tru0067, AmestriStephen and zerd like this.
  9. golemn

golemn Shark Slayer

Theres an editor on it as well, press x or z (i think) to place or delete blocks.

I agree though, its not particularly well advertised. Is there a sticky somewhere with all the commands?

10. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Allright, thanks for the further information regarding this! ::):

As for that list of commands I haven't found any. ::(:

11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well moarEdit is being worked on.

12. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Sounds awesome!
    Do you have any idea what they're gonna bring to it then? ::):

13. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

It's probably going to come out together with AsuMagic's moarCommands.
    Essentially it's a mod inspired by World Edit in Minecraft, also adding a creative mode. So there's unlimited editor-like building, and also a bunch of stuff like brushes for building big stuff and map editing. Also, copypasting entire areas of blocks, neat stuff. We're working on it.

tru0067 and Egholm like this.
  14. Egholm

Egholm Shipwright

Dayum that sounds awesome! :eek:

Asu likes this.
Mods: Rainbows