1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solo] Death Pit 2

Discussion in 'Maps' started by treefirebombghost, Aug 26, 2013.

1. treefirebombghost

treefirebombghost Builder Stabber

Hey everybody, I'm back with a follow-up of my previous Death Pit map!
    DeathPit2.png
    This map features some of the same death-blocks as the last map (i.e. blocks surrounded in spikes). In addition, the previous post has the previous gamemode and modded classes that I highly recommend you use for this map as well.
    However, there have been a couple of new changes:rollseyes: :
    • The sides are now completely covered in spikes, so there is no possibility of avoiding death
    • The top of the map now features a collapsible trap that squashes anything below that and also creates rubble on another set of traps. When the rubble is walked on, the second trap collapses as well.
    • There are now spaces for lanterns, as I have been experimenting with spawning lanterns on start of the map since no_shadowing = false makes it look much scarier!
    I'll see what I can do about automatic spawning of lanterns to give the map a little more illumination. With the coming of the school year, however, it may take longer than I or you would like. :QQ:
    Here's a screenshot of the map without lanterns:
    screen-13-08-25-20-45-10.png screen-13-08-25-20-45-32.png screen-13-08-25-20-46-10.png
    As you can see, it would be playable as is, but would probably be more enjoyable being able to see more decorations and less blackness up top.
    Leave your thoughts below; any feedback is appreciated! :)
    -Treefirebombghost
    P.S. If the screenies don't show up, please right-click on the pictures below and click "Open link in new tab".

Retrofit likes this.