1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Solved] Classic ilumination

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Frikman, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to set the ilumination to work a bit more like classic, or to set underground areas to be not completely black (just dim) :y

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

There's this "dynamic light" somewhere at the each mode config I believe. TDM uses that for saving CPU.

3. Frikman

Frikman Bison Rider

Well, I tried setting no_shadowing = 1 and it looks like this. It's pretty much what classic looked like, but I'd like to know if you can apply a gradient to it (so it gets darker the deeper you go).

[​IMG]

4. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

maybe you can do this with some kind of shader, but i dont know much about that

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

There's no config setting for it, but it'd be pretty easy to just render a gradient or blended rectangle over the screen in a Rules onRender hook based on the camera y position. There's some functions for rendering stretched images around with a multiply colour.

GUI::DrawIconDirect(string textureFilename, Vec2f pos, Vec2f framePos, Vec2f frameDimension, f32 scale, int team_num, SColor color)
    GUI::DrawIcon( string textureFilename, int iconFrame, Vec2f frameDimension, Vec2f pos, f32 scaleX, f32 scaleY, SColor color )
    GUI::DrawRectangle(Vec2f upperleft, Vec2f lowerright, SColor color)

are probably what you want - i'm afraid it's not quite as easy as it "should" be if you want the gradient but could be worse. If you just want the rectangle over the screen then its a piece of cake.