1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG [Solved] Kag isn't smooth

Discussion in 'Help' started by clud65, Jul 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. clud65

clud65 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have a gtx 750 2gb, i can run arma 3 at high wiht 70 fps, and this game goes with 200 fps, but it looks like 15 fps i cant understand it, i want to play a smooth game, pls... i remember the classic kag, kag classic is more smooth lol... (and is capped to 30 fps)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  2. CowboyDan

CowboyDan Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Pretty sure kag is more cpu intensive than gpu. Can't help you any further though.

DragonUnitedtm likes this.
  3. Whats your CPU?

4. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

I notice this too and I have an i7 4790 and my gpu is a gtx 745.

5. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

Thats what Geti has been saying but have you actually looked at your task manager? Regardless kag should run even on low ends. I have few year old mid-range i5 with integrated gpu, my quick stats for the game when in zoomed out view on 32x server with capped 31 fps [ 10% cpu 20% gpu ] . Basically game does not take much, but you'll hear this alot "is not optimized". Clud65 you can try unchecking "snap camera to pixel" in misc, but note that its buggy in that the option doesn't stick between sessions nor does the checkbox seem to remember when you reopen the menu.

6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Classic and release are both capped at 30 FPS. I think I heard someone say that KAG doesn't like AMD CPUs very much and that people have had problems with those before. Since you only said what GPU you have, I can't tell if that might be what's causing it, though.
    KAG only uses one core of your CPU. In addition to that, the game basically consists only out of scripts, thus making it incredibly moddable but also very CPU intensive.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  7. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Here's hoping trench run is a lot smoother considering it's KAG engine 2.0. I'm not technically minded but this means should mean that any engine improvements in TR can be potentially ported over right?

However from the general gist of other threads on the KAG engine it's a very intricate thing which us as players tend to overlook

There was also a KAG engine thread knocking around in the forums describing what it actually is but can't seem to find it :S

PUNK123 likes this.
  8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Uhm, it's the same engine, any (most?) changes made to the engine for TR specifically are already ported over, in the changelog look for something like this
    [​IMG]
    As far as I know the engine isn't really getting optimized, at least nothing really big, read Geti's post you quoted.

SirDangalang likes this.
  9. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I did mention "however" to indicate my uncertainty. Thanks for clarifying the sort of engine improvements which are getting worked on :)

10. L3fty

L3fty Bison Rider Staff Alumni

But not restricted in beta
    Capped - 30
    Uncapped with Vsync - 60
    Uncapped with Vsync off - +/-200

11. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Yes but not really.

Most stuff still is "capped" at 30 fps even though your game runs at 6465460312312345 fps - for example player movments. Actually, the only things I've seen to be running at more than 30fps with uncapped framerate are chat bubbles..

12. clud65

mY cpu IS A I5 4460 3.2 ghz so, the cpu isn't the problem

So, the game is uncapped, but some "parts" of it are capped to 30? the animations of the player? and this is really dificult to make at 60 for smooth gameplay and more funny?

13. Asu

Yes it probably is, and that had been discussed a lot of times.
    I've quickly made a scheme to understand easily :

[​IMG]

startselect3 and SirDangalang like this.
  14. clud65

That drawing skills :D

15. Asu

I still can't handle my graphic tablet well, I'm drawing way better on paper :<

blackjoker77777 likes this.
Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.