1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Some people think KAG is no longer fun; what do you think?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ImAwesome, Oct 26, 2012.

?

What do you think of KAG right now?

1. Great! This is the best KAG has ever been!

29 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Still fun, but older builds were a bit more fun.

45 vote(s)
    28.5%
  3. Still slightly fun, but older builds were way more fun.

19 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Bad.Old builds are the best.

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. Just...just...terrible...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. KAG WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE AND IT ALWAYS F***ING WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!11111

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  7. Still enjoy it/just as fun.

54 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Title says it all.
    Post what you personally think.
    I find that while it is still fun; it is no where near as fun as it was in the build 100s - 200s.
    Of course the big update will likely fix that :D.

Contrary likes this.
  2. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Was good times when archers jumped around like little ninjas shooting people in the face, and ladder skybridges were still possible.

But it's just as fun now. All I feel it's missing right now is the MOLE server...

3e0jUn and pokeblue like this.
  3. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Can there be an option for 'I still find it just as fun'?

Just 'cos I do.

4. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

I agree with Nighthawk. I think that the player skill quality has decreased more then anything. I wouldn't mind some mole server though. :(

5. D0ubl3Tr0ubl3

D0ubl3Tr0ubl3 Shopkeep Stealer

After I have played for about 2 hrs I get bored then I play something else but I always come back to KAG

6. More fun? Eh, maybe.

More rage inducing? Just kill me now.

Cirom likes this.
  7. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Compared to older builds...

+Lag compensation is much better.
    +Catapults are a little less glitchy.

+/-No shield bashing when we used to have a decent one (before the super op one we had a perfectly not op one that disappeared).
    +/- Bombs more powerful.
    +/- Bunch of zombies shit no one cares about anymore.
    +/- Bomb jumping is a little more controlled.

-Archers are less fun to play and more frustrating to play against
    -Clashing makes knight combat a crap shoot (I'm convinced it's still in the game completely)
    -Outposts are 10 billion times more glitchy

Game is fun but I feel like while the first 200 or so builds were straight progress the last 400 were just running in circles for the most part. A little less fun because it doesn't feel like things are improving and the glitches are more frustrating since they've been in the game so long.

The new build will change everything though so it's cool. Even if the new build is full of imbalance and glitches the playerbase can fix that with modding.

Fellere825, Invaders, Wixmef and 6 others like this.
  8. Vidar

Vidar KAG Guard Donator Tester

Combat mechanics have slowly degenerated to the point where you never know if your stabs and swipes will even register. It's full of phantom strikes and unpredictable behavior, and punishes the player for engaging an opponent in melee more often then not. Your better off sitting back with a bomb instead of going in close, which is disappointing since combat use to be so tight and responsive, at least compared to what we have now.

It's the one glaring problem that has only gotten worse since kegs were introduced into the game and it hasn't really ever gotten better since then. New features kept getting introduced without fine tuning basic mechanics, now it's nothing like I would imagine most of the veteran players remember it.

Kag is still fun, just not as fun and satisfying as it use to be. It feels like a giant crap shoot, quite honestly. I always assume anytime I engage the enemy up close there is about a 50-50 chance I'll win or lose as a baseline due to warped mechanics, when it use to be I wouldn't have to take into consideration whether or not the game would register my actions accurately. Skill has taken a huge backseat to luck.

Edit: I just read Contrary's post, "crap shoot". Like minds.

9. Brandon816

Brandon816 Ballista Bolt Thrower

KAG is still fun, it just isn't developing very fast anymore, making it seem like this is near the best it will ever be.

Features being farther between and less impactful. We've got water and zombies, but neither are used very often anymore in populated servers. Not to mention that forcing supports for building more or less invalidated water since we don't have boats yet, and needed bridges to get across (good luck doing that with half of both teams going archer).

Balancing has taken a few wild swings out to one direction or another, just to come back to near the original spot, like when Contrary mentioned shield bashing. Stuff like that wastes development time too.

The game wasn't built with large scale in mind, and that has created bugs of every kind. Even the engine itself was rewritten over time. But, I still occasionally knock others into the stratosphere with a shield bash, and only to have them take .5-1 hearts of damage when they land on top of that, and that has been around for awhile now.

Even though it has stabilized a little, the lag resolution system in place still makes melee fighting annoying as hell (imagine playing street fighter with lag, and just slow down the action a bit). Recently I even had an enemy knight squeeze through a door I was standing next to, even though I never opened it. The previous method, even if low ping players clearly had an advantage, was at least predictable.

10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

D0ne. :heart:

ParaLogia likes this.
  11. People! People! This game is still developing. Sure it will be similar as it is now. But this is how it should be. And yes i'd agree. You always come back to this and frankly *I AM ALWAYS ON THIS BECAUSE THIS IS AWESOME!*, however poeple have their opinions..

12. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

Interesting poll results...
    ! [align=center]Great! T[is is the best KAG has ever been[/align] 8 vote(s) 26.7%
    Still fun, but older builds were a bit more fun. 7 vote(s) 23.3%
    Still slightly fun, but older builds were way more fun. 4 vote(s) 13.3%
    Bad.Old builds are the best. 2 vote(s) 6.7%
    Just...just...terrible... 0 vote(s) 0.0%
    KAG WAS ALWAYS TERRIBLE AND IT ALWAYS F***ING WILL BE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 3 vote(s) 10.0%
    Still enjoy it/just as fun. 6 vote(s) 20.0%

13. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Those results could very well be influenced by the fact that there are very many players who weren't playing KAG when it was in the build 190 sort of stage, last year.

Froghead48 likes this.
  14. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

True.
    Luckily enough I've been playing since build 137 ;p

15. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

ImAwesome: Member Since: Jan 7, 2012
    [​IMG]

TahGamer, Gonf, delankski and 7 others like this.
  16. ImAwesome

ImAwesome Haxor

I've been on the forum since jan 7th, but i've been playing since september last year.

//I can verify that he's been playing since last year--I played with him in November which I was in the States. ;)

TahGamer and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  17. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

My reasoning for why the game is getting worse: Here

Edit: Hey who modified it?

ParaLogia and Bammboo like this.
  18. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

This is a pretty pointless discussion since the next build is a complete overhaul of the entire game. It's like Henry Ford debating horse-drawn carriages.

19. delankski

delankski Horde Gibber

LOLPeople who said this...
    "KAG NO MORE FUN".

When next patch arrives (ropes, fires, new sprites, new trees, new mechanics, new modes)

"WOW KAG IS SOOO FUN , THAT'S WHY I LOVE KAG!"

LOLPEOPLE Y U NO THINK? :D

20. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I wish one day, KAG will have a new mode called "Classic Mode". When sky-bridged still working, bridgesbombproof, etc....ah...old time.

Razi likes this.