1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Some Thoughts/Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Sheriff_Skye, Mar 30, 2016.

Mods: 101i, Mazey
  1. Sheriff_Skye

Sheriff_Skye Catapult Fodder

I’ve recently played the free download that you offer here on this site. It’s a great game; I only wish I’d heard about it sooner! Anyways, here’s a list of thoughts and ideas I had, surrounding Trench Run. *The latest trailer looks to be a more polished product (obviously) so some of these suggestions I have may already have been implemented.*

Options/Modes:
    Unlimited time, set amount of lives/kills, unlimited ammo, no health drops, etc.

The ability to choose what bot classes you prefer to go up against. For example, maybe I want to have a match just against Commandos.

I also think a horde like mode would be perfect for this game.

Destruction:
    There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of destruction. I expected more of the terrain to be destructible, not just structures and trees. Maybe not like the terrain destruction you’d find in a game like Broforce but something more along the lines of, Cortex Command.

Combat:

More gore or at least the ability to explode enemies. You got guys that are crawling around the ground bleeding, so you can’t be that afraid to go that route. If a character is standing right next to a grenade he should blow up. Also, do downed enemies have unlimited health? I think they need a bleed out time. Or if they do, a quicker bleed out time.

Speaking of downed characters, I think it would be cool that if while crawling around, you could still use your characters special as a last resort. Assault throwing his grenade, for example.

And speaking of grenades…Grenades seem more difficult to use than they need to be.
    I feel like just pressing the alt attack should give it a default throw but holding alt, would allow you to aim it, like you currently can. Maybe even have it similar to Worms, where the longer you hold it, the more power you’ll have in your throw.

Something similar could even be implemented with the rocket launcher or sniper. Press fire to shoot it quick and straight. Hold attack to aim with your crosshair, let go to fire. Same idea with the rocket launcher; press fire to shoot it directly or hold fire, in order to have control over your rocket. I think this would really help with the pacing and just make it an overall more enjoyable experience.

I think there should be some disadvantage to underwater combat. Perhaps slower bullets and character movement would be interesting. I feel this would create some pretty great slo-mo fights.

The ability to shoot straight up or down like in Contra, with classes like Assault.

Environment:
    Hazards such as quick sand, air strikes, avalanches, lightening, geysers, mines (gotta have mines), etc. I noticed an alligator in a recent trailer. Please tell me it will attack if you get too close!

Weather effects such as rain, snow, sandstorm, fog, etc.

If it wasn’t apparent I’d really like to see a winter setting. With water that if you swam in for too long your character froze.

Question:
    Could just be my computer but I felt the camera is panned out a bit too far. I think it could be zoomed in just a little bit.

Teodor1, franek123, Achillios and 5 others like this.
  2. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Iirc, at one point they said something along the lines of 'in trench run you never die', so I doubt they will add characters blowing up, as that kinda kills you. Permanently.

3. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Sounds great!
    A lot of the things you said seem like great ideas.
    Having bought the game, I can say that it is very different from the free version, and I don't doubt that many of the features you mentioned will be added prior the Steam release (or added later in patches).
    ::P:

Sheriff_Skye likes this.
  4. Sheriff_Skye

That's what respawns are for. They could always have your character perhaps parachute back in (invincible until they hit ground). Or the game could recognize a safe spot and spawn you accordingly. It's not that I don't like the crawling around mechanic, I really do, I just think that certain attacks should kill the character and that those crawling around, should have a bleed out timer. It would also be cool that say you have 4 lives; you could assign a character to a particular life. For example, your first character is Commando, second life is Assault, and so forth. Or 4 lives of the same character.

Thanks!
    If it's not too much trouble, would you mind telling me what some of the differences are?

Teodor1 likes this.
  5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's exactly the same, just without all the lobby features/online play

6. Sheriff_Skye

Well I know that's not entirely true, considering in the latest trailer there appeared to be a character class that uses a shield, as well as gators floating around in the water.
    So the free download is certainly missing other aspects.

7. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Then re-open the game, and it will be updated. You are talking about the download currently available on https://trenchrun.thd.vg/ right?

8. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

And that includes a whole host of extra things.
    It may as well be another game.

9. Sheriff_Skye

I already have. Nothing has changed.

Yup

10. Mazey

If you play the game windowed, what build does it say you're playing in the window caption? If it's build 12 you're up to date, if it's not I suggest you redownload the game.

Mods: 101i, Mazey