1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

something must be done about the skybridge issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PooManCHU, Aug 13, 2017.

1. PooManCHU

PooManCHU Shopkeep Stealer

Hello to anyone who's reading this, I'm sure most of us were drawn to KAG for somewhat similar reasons, back in 2011 played Terraria and minecraft, before i played KAG for the first time in 2012, when i saw a YouTube video about KAG i was instantly drawn to it because of it's semi realistic physics system. i hated how in minecraft, nothing has physics apart from sand and gravel. it's so immersion breaking and ugly to see floating islands. so onto the KAG skybridges, there so unrealistic it's not even funny, stone is fine wood on the other hand, can be extended out 20 blocks with no support struts, almost always this unrealistic tactic is combined with bomb bolt spam, i know just slash the bolts but that's not the point, the unrealistic sky platform is also used with cata-kegs and just catapulting knights, so pretty much just spam cheesing every part of the game they can it's really bad. atm wood can extended 20 blocks out, i think that should be reduced by half to just 10, this would not eliminate spam but it would in my opinion reduce it greatly.

Fuzzle, Biurza and epsilon like this.
  2. asger75

asger75 Haxor

I personally think 20 blocks is already limiting.

3. PooManCHU

yes it does limiting building potential, but only Cancerous buildings would be limited so it's fine

4. asger75

asger75 Haxor

upload_2017-8-13_12-32-18.png

5. PooManCHU

there's no siege up there, there usually is, bomb jumps aren't the best but it's the siege that makes it Cancer. i see you have added a little support that makes the base look more realistic. most don't go through the effort

6. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

I think it's balanced because of how easy it is to destroy skybridges.
    If you've tried to build one recently you'll understand what I mean :P
    Plus knights who can double bomb jump will always be able to get up there and cause havoc.

Blue_Tiger, Asu and asger75 like this.
  7. asger75

asger75 Haxor

well if you got an issue with it make it more realistic...

8. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

there is no issue. its not infinite; 20 isn't really cancerous, you should see some pics of old 2011 skybridges. and you can destroy it very easily; using fire arrows or being a knight.

asger75 likes this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Wood is lighter and therefore sturdier than stone(which is why it should extend longer)

Super realistic physics if you ask me:wink::rekt::rollseyes:

Asu likes this.
  10. PooManCHU

Am i correct in assuming you play on EU servers, i haven't seen you around on AUS KAG. although i main knight not builder of course i still know what you mean, double bomb jumps are not as common place as you might think, that's in AUS KAG at-least just from my experience tho, so yeah anecdotal evidence take it or leave it. plus any skybridge maximizing it's cheese factor would have plats, that stops knights. so they cannot always get up there, plat walls are just part and parcel, when it comes too sky-brides. Also yes i understand fire, can take down a sky-bridge, but guys your forgetting about saw mills, with a good one, wood becomes so plentiful that they can keep rebuilding, eveytime it's back within 30-60 seconds, also if they have stone every two blocks that makes it even harder to take down with fire, also there is usually a few builders up on there skybridge, working the siege and what not, these builder will just put out any fire you manage to start with arrows.

what?

i have an issue with twenty, yep you can but as i said up top it's not actually that easy to destroy, when you have dedicated builders cheesing. plus even if you do manage to take it down yay good on ya, no skybridge for a minuet or two if that.

Um i dont know if thats just a typo Punk, don't you mean wood is lighter and because of this more fragile, but because it is lighter it can be extended out more so than stone. don't get me wrong i think that wood should be able to extended out further than stone, it just makes sense, i just think THD went a bit overboard with the wood physics.

11. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

the issue is that AUS players are bad, while EU and US got more good players :^)

12. asger75

asger75 Haxor

*vomits, what happened to aus kag*
    Then maybe you should all learn how to double bomb jump, then maybe you can *counter* the *strategy* and evolve your *Playstyle*

*cries*

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Wood is cheap, so yea they can just rebuild the sky bridge - but siege isn't cheap. Every time you break a sky bridge, the siege weapon will come flying down and you can farm it for coins. Then, once they make a new sky bridge and spend coins making more siege, you can simply use the coins from the previous time to destroy it. The only time when it's actually a problem is when the map is too high and archers cannot hit the siege - while the siege can hit your base on the other side of the map.

I don't really think it's too much of a problem - and that's coming from someone who really hates siege.

Biurza, bunnie and asger75 like this.
  14. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

It can be brutal but I feel like it's an asset to the game. In my opinion It's really hard to win a match in KAG if the teams are mostly balanced!
    80% of the time I have to rat or build some sort of cancer to win a harder match, it can be a bit cheesy but it's effective.
    Not gonna lie though sometimes I miss the matches that took almost 24 hours to finish. :rekt:

15. Fuzzle

Fuzzle Grand Grumbler

In my opinion, ladders should have no horizontal support and wood should have less (not much less).

Magmus and Biurza like this.
  16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

These variables are available for modification as part of the gamemode config for those interested.

I'm not really convinced that skybridges are something that should be curbed too hard though - wood is flammable, they usually have expensive stuff on them, and if they were removed there'd be even fewer paths across the map.

17. PooManCHU

i personally can and do, along with many of the aus vets i have seen peps doing crazed moves with like 4-5 bombs, problem is that the balista is constantly spawning knights that wait at the edge eager to slash you back and watch you face splatter into the ground, you cant do anything because you have have to glide to make it onto there skyplat, so you pretty much just waste your coinage. how can you counter this as knight.

yep wood is cheap, and so is siege, well catas anyway, can be bought for 100 wood 80 stone, thats pretty cheap, and they can be a real bastard, just as dangerous as a balista too, when used right. but yes the argument can be made that balistas are expensive, but they dont use stone like catas, so you can technically have unlimited balistas.

also while wood is flammable stone backing is not, this is my main point, any sky-bridge that's worth it's weight, has been interlaced with stone and stone backing, this prevents fire from catching completely, leavening your with only one option, take out the siege with bomb arrows, i haven't actually counted how meny bombs it take to blow up a balista but i have taken out my fair share, im pretty sure it takes 2 direct hits too blow it up, or more if the bombs damage is absorb by the surrounding blocks, so now your spending 100-150 coins on arrows to take out a balista which only costs 50 then what you just spent on arrows at 200, so good on ya you made them lose 50 more coins than you, that is if you managed to hit it, if not well you just wasted all your money. also the balista is usually a bit back from the edge, out of range from most flak, it's the less valuable cats at the front, mostly
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 15, 2017 ---
    hey geti, like i said on the last comment, although wood is flammable, isnt as big of a balancer as you think, people build there skybridges fire proof now, meaning that fire arrows have very limited effect are not even really an option and neither is bomb jumping for the reason i explained in the last comment, leaving you only bomb arrows which are expensive them self's so. siege is not looking so expensive compered to what is take to get rid of it anymore

18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Shooting a ballista with an arrow will give you one coin. You can usually shoot it with 15 arrows or something, and then you have enough coins to buy a bomb arrow to finish it off - and then you have coins to spare.