1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

SOON

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JacKD, Dec 14, 2012.

1. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

Villekille707, Stevedog, Beef and 3 others like this.
  2. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

I still maintain that the dinosaurs are just out of shot, either wallowing in the ocean, or snacking on a lightly toasted foliage meal. Clearly that's why the knights are so ill at ease, and I wouldn't draw my sword unless there was some great and potential painful creature lurking just out of conventional vision.

I am looking forward to this revamped water idea, and that's what stirkes me as interesting about this picture, because I know we've all been expecting dinosaur mode for such a long time.

Cirom, Adinxs, Contrary and 3 others like this.
  3. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

But the crucial question is:

How Soon?

This looks great, combined with the erlier dev blog post about small air pockets some games could become very intresting.

JacKD likes this.
  4. JacKD

JacKD Ballista Bolt Thrower

We all know by this time that "scripting" is just a codename for "dinosaur" build Hella ;)

As to for the "How soon?" question? The answer is obvious my friend:

NOT SOON ENOUGH!

Lord_bugg, LolFox24 and xChapx like this.
  5. GreenRock

GreenRock Base Burner

SOON in dev time usually translates to about a month in regular time :D

6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

This update comes along with Half-Life 3
    never

7. funnymonkey

funnymonkey Builder Stabber

Soon = Few months
    Yeh thats really soon!
    :bird:

8. The_Khan

The_Khan Bison Rider

It does look really close to being complete though.

9. Lord_bugg

Lord_bugg Smashing Donator

That is soon. Be gratefull that the devs are taking their time, in most cases the longer something takes to make the better it is. The devs probably couldve put fire and boats in a while ago but they wouldve probably been buggy and crash inducing. Also they are making the scripting build which as Geti said is the future of KAG.

Be patient.

AnRK likes this.
  10. Robinskie

Robinskie Drill Rusher

The thing that kills my patience, are these teaser posts. Because the show you that the devs did make something and thus can be released (probably full of bugs, but hey, who cares!?)
    Preview videos are even worse! :>:(:

Beef likes this.
  11. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I would rather play a buggy version of war mode then no war mode at all. And then a lot more people could provide feedback. But I guess only the popular people get test builds. :u

Also, zombies took 6 months. While it is fun at times, it was a waste of time.

12. No, testers are actually people who provide feedback, will to help and are trusted, not "all the pople but me im pro mom".

AnRK likes this.
  13. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Testing doesn't equate to fucking around playing the game all day either, testing a game often involves some very monotonous assessment of specific bits of the game and I'm sure for the testers it's as much a pain in the arse as it is cool seeing all the new stuff being developed.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  14. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

I don't see how it would be boring. You are helping them move the game forward, to me that is the fun part. (Even if that sounds a bit corny) It would just be testing the main mechanics wouldn't it? Testing combat, building or boats etc.

15. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

See, the thing is, now there needs to be some damn sharks that grab the knights sorta like how gargoyles do, drag them underwater and make em drown or lose too much blood and pass out, then the bodies rise to the surface and then they explode causing 1 heart damage to anyone around.

THIS WOULD MAKE BOATS EXCITING

16. arcanecat

arcanecat Shark Slayer

Soon we will forget this idea, lol :).

I do hope i get perm (guro) and try out those fancy boats. Although those swords look sharper than before ;3

17. Haha yes, I was kidding. We just make giantic robots in scripting and fight each other in space.

not
    Mostly it's half an hour of changing teams to cause a bug, solving problems with bugs, testing commands and hitting at weird angles. Then the server goes down and after 10 minutes, everything is repeated.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Let me just assure you all; seeing new KAG shits is pretty cool, having to intentionally break the game and constantly run into walls looking for the right angle that will cause the game to derp out is not. Testing ain't all its cracked up to be kids. Count yourselves lucky that you get semi-stable releases.

19. Classic

Classic Bison Rider

I need a premium account :QQ:

20. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers