1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TDM Soul Eater[REJECTED]

Discussion in 'Rejected Maps' started by Dark_Kingdom, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

Map name: Soul Eater
    Gamemode: TDM
    Symmetrical: Not in the slightest
    Special features: All the colors are wrong
    Map: Edgy Map.png

2. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

This is my first map, I didn't know where to start and I didn't feel like watching a tutorial. After all, the best way to learn is to just try it yourself right?

3. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

14/10, best map.

joshua12131415 likes this.
  4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

I cannot accept the map in this state.

PUNK123, bunnie and norill like this.
  5. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

can't we make an exception for such a great map?

6. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Im loving the blue tent being red and vice versa, also the stone around red tent. guessing its stone. also more bedrock in the ground.

Otherwise actually one of the most decent maps Ive seen. (personally anyway). Colours for things do need to be fixed tho...

If I have time I can try converting to the colour pallet for kag. If I have time.

7. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I really love this map, looks like so much fun, I hope it's fixed so it's added.
    This cliff is by far my favorite bit:
    [​IMG]

8. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

Damn, you beat me to it. ;-;
    I was in the process of doing the same thing. D:

9. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

Thank you for all the support guys.
    Now if someone could teach me how to ACTUALLY make a map; otherwise, I have LOADS of ideas if you wanna see more like this : ^)

10. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

My turn. :^)
    (Screenshot version)
    [​IMG]

PNG version:
    WTF.png

Comparison:

SJD360/Tenshi's Stuff <------- Dark_Kingdom's Original bestmap --------> Pirate-Rob's Remake
    [​IMG]

joshua12131415 and epsilon like this.
  11. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

PNG file = map
    1 pixel = 1 block or blob (= object)
    tutorial to skim through: https://forum.thd.vg/threads/daskews-map-making-tutorial.25355/
    how I personally learned to make maps: open KAG folder -> Base/Maps/CTF -> open random PNGs -> see which color is what and draw (see any thread in this section and the attached map files too)
    for beginners palettes might be nice (see tutorial I linked)

12. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Do you guys realise this map was intended for TDM?
    I like this one better imo. Much more detail compared with @Pirate-Rob's version. Nice try though Rob. :thumbs_up:

13. Pirate-Rob

Pirate-Rob Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I made mine more of as a joke, kinda like "Wait, how did you get the map working?" type thing, but SJD kinda gave it away.

14. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I made mine compatible for TDM - I added chests and merchants, I believe Rob's was intended for Iko's since he added the flag. :o

15. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

No it's the size that's the issue. That map looks to be the same size of a CTF map!
    I would also love to see someone get the exact original map posted, convert the colours and try it in KAG for the lols.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
  16. SJD360

SJD360 Haxor

I did that and gave it to Kingdom over an hour ago. :o
    He tried his original map with converted colours and crashed due to its size.

As for the size, I checked the average size and this is just about above average.

17. joshua12131415

joshua12131415 Bison Rider Tester

Can we actually add this map? (the edited versions) It would be very fun with enough players

18. Dark_Kingdom

Dark_Kingdom Arsonist

epsilon likes this.
  19. It's too big for a tdm ,Too small for a faction ,not the requirements for a ctf (Which must be a flat map with 2 small hill without a piece of water because most people are stuck in that there's a bit of challenge (especially water)) Can be for tth but it would be necessary to make modifications ,although I see suitable for Rob server ( ninja+mine=boom )

20. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

There's also this unwritten rule about posting real maps in this subsection. If you really hate the grandfather clause so much(older maps being allowed to break the rules because they didn't exist at the time) then I could just delete this thread like I did your other quality shitpost.

mcrifel, an_obamanation and Asu like this.