1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spawn camping.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aquillion, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Guest

[​IMG]

So, in a game just now, this happened. Any red player who spawned would immediately fall and get brutally slaughtered by the ~5 or so blue knights waiting below.

Now, granted, it was with imbalanced teams. It wouldn't be likely to happen otherwise. But still, it's just not very fun to have this happen, ever. Even when you're losing, you should be able to fight back. In this situations, they really couldn't.

Is this a real problem? Should there be some sort of spawn protection (perhaps just on your original spawn, since forward spawns would be destroyed before then?) Even just for a few seconds, ending when you attack or move.

2. Turska

Turska Guest

You just lost, they won.

3. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Well,maps are done 2 easy lately...Almoust every round we end up whit 3/4 empty map and no one restart...There should be something under the tent so you would not fall under it after spawn.

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Guest

For what it's worth, I was on blue, so I won (I'm the builder in the upper-left sadly watching the slaughter occurring beneath me.)

5. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

If you lose that bad you deserve as many helpings of buttrape as the enemy wants to dish.

I've been on both sides of this.

6. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

7. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

I see a structure that collapses after a single bomb detonation from inside. Take one for the team, mate.

8. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

I want to see you throw a bomb from the inside, mate.

9. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

it will just switch classes,right?

10. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

Nope, it doesn't even do that. Looks like the spawn still captures f-key input.
    I don't like how the current entity/tile targeting system works, anyways. If you're hitting an entity, you have to release mouse key to ever hit a tile.