1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spawned Tall Grass

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Spec7, Dec 19, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

Tall Grass.png
    At the start of the match, battlers are given the choice to get rid of them or keep them. Either way can be beneficial.

By keeping the tall grass

• Slows down passerby requiring to cut them few times to open the path
    • Soft cushion for hard landings
    • Hiding spot for Archer
    Just like any other grass
    • Can be blown away by bombs
    • Once destroyed, doesn't grow back
    Burning feature
    • After ignited by flames, they're burnt to the ground. (The fire are connected by row)
    Action simulates to burning wooden structures that is if the pattern offset itself when reached to stone block. For tall grass, reaches to shaved grass it won't connect.

Overall, an attempt to bring depth to the battleground with the use of natural surrounding along with adding a bit of strategic value in the beginning of warfare.

Ecued, SpideY and Guitarman like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I think it is an interesting concept, but I think it could cause more harm than good.

I do like the idea of having the grass be set on fire though. That is a really good idea. In later games, both teams have a really big structure defending their bases. Most of the time it is made from stone, so fire arrows do nothing. But at the back of the base, there are always large patches of grass that could destroy a lot of their base from the inside if caught on fire.

No to the tall grass slowing/cushioning idea.Yes to the fire one.

Mods: Rainbows