1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Speed hackers should be IP banned rather then account banned.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johncarterminime2, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johncarterminime2

johncarterminime2 Shopkeep Stealer

Ive seen countless times someone get banned for speed hacking then just create a new account... :(

tobz789 and Froghead48 like this.
  2. spence101

spence101 Builder Stabber

I would like to say that this should not apply to gold status accounts because I once got banned for hacking on a gold account and got it banned (when I feel that I shouldn't have) and I bought a new gold account and I have never even thought about hacking since that day. If I found out that I could never play KAG at my house again I would be just completely devastated!

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

We do ban serious offenders by IP but they are usually using proxies and it's hard to block all of these without blocking whole Internet.

4. tobz789

tobz789 Shark Slayer

I saw a girl the other day was realy hacking speed hacking ect and she was called PcGirl something please try and ban her

vampo likes this.
  5. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

Yes maybe gold accounts no. If they insist on throwing their money at Geti, why stop them. :d

6. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

NO.
    If you're banned, you're banned.

GalenMarek and Ej like this.
  7. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Imagine if a guard is banned for hacking...

8. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

I do not think any exception would be made with guards. In fact I would say we are even more strict here since guards should act and behave as a shining example. (Metaphorically speaking.) So if we would catch a hacks-using guard I pretty much doubt that he/she would get his/her guard status back somehow.

vampo likes this.
  9. AdrianC

AdrianC Haxor Tester

Like Furai said, they can use proxies, or have a dynamic IP (like me). Many Internet providers use dynamic IPs, and there is nothing to do against this.

AL3X_j_M likes this.
  10. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Oh you silly shit. You need to start paying attention to Terms Of Service and the fine print. Quit just pressing BUY! and think you can get away with it.

Conquerer and johncarterminime2 like this.
  11. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

Personally, I always enjoy fighting someone who is speed hacking.

Because it's just so god damn funny when they rage quit after discovering that they can't win against me even by cheating.

VanHuek and Conquerer like this.
  12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

Wrong place I think.

13. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

IP bans are ineffective. So easy to get around such "bans". :B):

14. Vaine

Vaine Horde Gibber

Speed hackers are IP banned, if they are in a server at the time of the ban, although, proxies are a major problem.

15. johncarterminime2

Wouldn't it be possibl for the develepors to add a security system that identifies each computer kag is installed on. So they can ban the computer rather then IP?

16. Furai

It's called hardware IDs and it is possible but hard to implement in reliable way - which means it takes a lot of time and testing.

17. johncarterminime2

Couldn't kag just have a encrypted. Txt file that only kag could read be used to identify each PC?

18. Furai

19. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I disagree completely.

Have you ever been to a website and it informs you that your ip is banned, even if you haven't been there before? that's because some people share the same ip, so banning 1 ip could really ban 2 or 3 people. IP ban should be a last resort imo.

We'll have much less trouble with hackers in the new build i think, since you'll need a gold account to play at all.

Cpa3y likes this.
  20. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

Play kag with a crappy GPU/HDD/RAM/CPU, when banned, switch things around a bit.
    I heard that formatting ( C: ) also works.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.