1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Spike drop/boulder suggestion thing.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Didgedy, Jul 25, 2018.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Didgedy

Didgedy Arsonist

Right, so spike drops kinda don't make that much sense. You throw bits of sharp metal that penetrate all those metal clad knights.
    Personally, I don't like them because they are dropped much too fast to react to in most situations I encounter, and that they are really not very noticeable for the danger they pose.

Boulders, on the other hand, cost more stone, are heavy, and you need to make them at a special shop to make, so nobody uses them unless you want to launch a buggy stone with a catapult to smash through a flat stone surface.

BUT, what if we do this?
    You could no longer place spikes mid-air. Instead you can place boulders straight from your inventory, same size as a single block (so you can throw them through gaps), for the cost of 30 stone, which is a standard single resupply/same cost as a spike.

A boulder would have low base damage, but deal 1/4 extra heart of damage for each block traveled, about as fast as a falling catapult stone is now, it could not be picked up by anyone, it will crumble when it either stops moving or hits an enemy, and if it hits a shielding knight, it would either only stun him (same as a water arrow), or stagger + deal half of intended damage.

I know that the ''Hardcore veteran builders'' of KAG would dislike this change because they could no longer pwn knights 1 on 1, as if they were some sort of elderly housewives, but do pro builders really need to be able to kill knights in 1 second just because they're so pro and awesome and everyone wants their babies?

2. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

Sounds like someone has had a bad time with spikes recently.

Didgedy likes this.
Mods: Rainbows