1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG Steam Trading Cards come to King Arthur's Gold!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jan 4, 2017.

?

HYPE?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2017.
  1. HYPE

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. HYPE!

18 vote(s)
    72.0%
  1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Good News, Everyone!

We've been working over the holidays to bring you something people have been hanging out for since the release of achievements!

As some of you have already noticed, Steam Trading Cards support has been added to King Arthur's Gold. The set includes:
    • 6 Trading Cards
    • the usual 5+1 Badges
    • 6 Backgrounds
    • 10 (!) Emoticons.

First, a warning: the Cards and Backgrounds share art - and are probably the most boring part of the content. We only have incredibly-tiny-pixel-assets to work from, and the required sizes are enormous by comparison. Sorry in advance to anyone who was hanging out for 1080p pixel tapestries, but this was one aspect of the system we simply didn't have the time for.

The badges are all unique, new art with a KAG-themed progression - all the way from humble, wooden beginnings to a glorious victory, with King Arthur's Gold still being conspicuously missing from the game. We all know the real gold is the friends we made along the way, right? Guys?

Anyway, we're very happy with how they turned out and hope to see some of you displaying them soon!

Those who don't mind spoilers can see the badges over here! Those who do can collect them for themselves and feel smug, whatever floats your boat!

The Emoticons have been faithfully ported from the game, with a few touch-ups to make them fit with the dark chat and community background. We tried to pick the most widely-usable and fun faces. As animation was not allowed, you'll have to unlock the ::): and ::D: emotes separately. I know, I know, the injustice, but that's just the way the system works.

We're keen to know what you think of them, so hit us up in the comments and get collecting!
    (Also it'd be really solid if you'd go and smash the thumbs up over on steam!)

Have fun,
    Max

2. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

5/6 badges

Must.. Get... Foil... Cards..

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You're literally hunting the grail but best of luck!

PUNK123 and Vamist like this.
  4. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Can you give me any clue of what should i do to win a card? because i already have 3 of them, but i don't know how i got em and I want MOAR

joshua12131415 likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

pffft nothin personnel kid
    [​IMG]

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

That's a Steam thing. You have to get booster packs and to get them you have to be eligible to get them. It's kind of retarded system, IMO. You can as well trade your cards with other users.

As to the drops, read this - http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq

bru-jaz likes this.
  7. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

I don't use steam KAG Geti :QQ:
    What can i do :QQ:
    Now I feel obliged to play KAG on steam :QQ:

8. Geti

It's amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it!

FuzzyBlueBaron and Yagger like this.
  9. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

The want for ::P: back in the game intensifies. :QQ::rektlord:

FuzzyBlueBaron, Geti, PUNK123 and 2 others like this.
  10. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

If you bought the game directly from us (from kag2d.com website) then you should be able to request steam key from kag2d.com after logging in and going into user panel at the top of the website. If it doesn't let you to get one - then you're not eligible and don't really bother to contact me via support@thd.vg, as it won't change anything. And if you do, I'll just check our databaes and will tell you exactly why you're not eligible to get one and you still will be pissed, so don't waste your time.

_Cuffs_ and jimmyzoudcba like this.
  11. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

Thanks for the detailed explanation Furai!

(but actually I knew that already, it's just I like the client better and i always complain to people how without steam you lose out on stuff. plz don't kill me furai)

Geti likes this.
  12. FoxyLady

FoxyLady Haxor Staff Alumni

Wow this is cool. i remember topics from a few years ago asking for this. I'm glad it finally got implemented.:heart:

Geti likes this.
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Pretty fabulous. Now have an definite answer to the question "which game would I like to badge most?". :3

Joiken, Geti, Nicuwins and 1 other person like this.
  14. epsilon

epsilon Assonist THD Team Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. Gather Oceania
    2. KAG World Cup 2018

So far I know there's ::):::(:::D::B)::wink::thumbs_down::thumbs_up::rektlord: and I assume there is :rekt:, so what is the 10th? It better be :bird:

FoxyLady likes this.
  15. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

i bet 10th one is cri emotion :QQ:

epsilon likes this.
  16. FoxyLady

If the middle finger emoticon was one of them, it would sell for a lot in the steam market.

17. Geti

Would it? Shit, the last one is :flex:

PUNK123 and epsilon like this.
  18. FoxyLady

Yeah it definitely would have. I'm not 100% sure but i believe there's no middle finger emoticons yet on Steam and you guys could of been the 1st to do it. Heck there's a weed emoticon that sells currently at $7.00+ but i remember very well it going for $20.00+ at one point.

bru-jaz likes this.
  19. Geti

Dang, I thought about it but it seemed like it'd be "too rude" because emotes and badges and stuff have to be kid friendly (cause they're publicly visible). Should probably just tried it and seen if the valve person who checked it said no. Can't change em now unfortunately.

20. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

Release it when you make kag 2, or add them to TR

FuzzyBlueBaron and Geti like this.