1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Steam version won't start

Discussion in 'Help' started by ikelleigh, Nov 9, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. ikelleigh

ikelleigh Catapult Fodder

Just bought this but it won't start. I get the startup screen where I can choose resolutions but as soon as I hit Play I get a window with a blank screen.

Further research shows that I can get the game to run just fine if I run it directly from the install location (\common\King Arthur's Gold\KAG.app). But as soon as I try to run it from the Steam library screen, it won't get passed the "Play" screen. It just locks up and I must force quit.

The downfall of playing this when I bypass Steam, is that it isn't the full game so I can't play multiplayer.

Is there something that the app is trying to send to Steam when it launches that may be causing it to lockup? For instance, sending a trigger that says that it has been paid for?

I'll wait for a few days to see if there is a fix coming up, but if nothing... then I'll get a refund from Valve and try to purchase the full game through this site.

Thanks for any info.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

First of all, make sure that your OS is up to date. It tends to fix issues.
    Another thing to do would be to try to actually reinstall the game through steam. You can do it by deleting local data content and installing the game again throuh the Steam library.

Also when you launch the game you should get the option to link your existing KAG account. Please do that. When you're done pleas mail me at support@thd.vg and let me know there that linking went fine but you're not gold. Provide me with link to your Steam community profile.

I hope that helps.

3. ikelleigh

ikelleigh Catapult Fodder

Thanks for the reply. Everything on my Mac is up-to-date. I did re-install several times and it still would lock up after hitting the Play button, so I never did see an option to link to the existing KAG account.

So I took an alternative route and loaded up my Boot Camp installation in Windows 7. From there I was able get the game to run fine through Steam and link to my existing KAG account. I could play multi-player just fine and it was pretty much great.

I will boot back into Mac OS X again soon and see if something was triggered from my Windows installation so that the game will launch properly.

Thanks for the help.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 9, 2013 ---
    I booted back into Mac OS X and now the game launches just fine.

So I'm assuming that the issue was KAG trying to communicate with Steam in order to link the accounts and verify the purchase. Now that the link has been made in Windows, it seems to be able to play normally.

Just an FYI in case this issue comes up with anyone else.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey