1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Workshops and Buyable Resources

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Dovydas, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

I have not been able to find one, and I do not know how to make resources buyable persay. If anyone could link me to a tutorial on how to add new functions (buy gold like you buy arrows) that would be nice, but most important if someone could make a storage workshop. Like you have a Storage shop, then upgrade it to a wood shop, stone shop, or gold shop. You can deposit 100 or withdraw 100, I saw this done before but could not find it.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You can do this and you should be able to search for 'shop' or through the tutorials on how to edit the config files, however there is no such thing as a 'storage' because currently we can't save a value to a variable we save so we cannot keep a number of how much we put in so that we can then also take it out.

3. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

I know how to mod this game and I have seen it done on a server, so it is possible. It worked like you stored 100 stone and it would add 1 white block above it, max 10. And as you add 100 it added 1, and remove 1 when you withdrew

4. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

Along with my other post, I want to know how to make resources "Craftable" such as make 100 coins into 10 gold. How would I make gold a shop option on a workshop? It does not seem to work like bombs or arrows. I could not figure out how to make it a function

5. BlueLuigi

Kay, in that case good luck with that, you may want to contact the owner of the server where you saw that then. It is entirely possible in that sense that it gives you the item and then changes the actual shop, but there would be a limit, the limit being how many you make (and how many picture indicators you make).

6. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

vanhuek is the man you want to talk to about this, he has it on his server

BlueLuigi likes this.
  7. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

Yeah I realized after my post how it would be possible however I have one issue. I made a post about it but no response. How would I make stone "craftable" like 100 gold for 1000 coins. Etc or 100 stone for free in a sense.

8. BlueLuigi

1)Only make one thread when you have these multiple questions
    2)Think abuot it for a second. You use the opposite of taking, a negative number would work here just fine, turn 20g into -20g.

There are many examples of this that you can already find, I'm sure there is at least one guide around here as I've read a few myself.

9. Dovydas

Dovydas Shopkeep Stealer

I have been searching for a while, let me explain a bit here. If i had this

Code:
          SMELTER; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/CarpentryShop.png; $KEY7$ to make gold;  gold; w150, s200;

How would I turn gold into something craftable
    I notice arrows is an item stack so I tried to base it off that.

Code:
    gold; -; -; Entities/Items/Sprites/MaterialStacks.png; Entities/Rooms/Sounds/BombMake.ogg; 8; 16; Gold costs 10 coins; c10;
    But that does not work. So I don't know how to get gold, stone, or wood out of a workshop. How would I do it?

10. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Code:
    gold; -; -; Entities/Items/Sprites/MaterialStacks.png; Entities/Rooms/Sounds/BombMake.ogg; 8; 16; Gold costs 10 coins; c10,g-10;
    will give you 10 gold in exchange for 10 coins.

Here is my guide on workshop modding:

The Workshop Modification Guide

//EDIT: I merged your other thread with this one as what BlueLuigi said is true: you can get both questions answered in this thread (they are closely related). I also renamed it to reflect more accurately the topics discussed.

11. PainGiver

PainGiver Arsonist

Storage shops are possible, I've made a storage shop for wood, stone, gold, and coin. Stores up to 1000 of each; works flawlessly.

12. Ramsis

Ramsis Ballista Bolt Thrower Donator Tester

I would be like to get the information on how to do this from you then.

13. TheMisterHero

TheMisterHero Ballista Bolt Thrower

I made a bank using upgrade functions.

In Room.cfg write this code:

@$rooms = BANK; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/Bank.png; Bank; enterbank; -;

@$room_functions = enterbank; room; Entities/Items/Bank.cfg; GUI/MenuItems.png; Sounds/door_open.ogg; 6; 32; Enter Bank; -;

And move Bank.cfg in Base/Entities/Items/
    </br>--- merged: May 20, 2013 2:43 PM ---</br>
    But you should set the costs for BANK(room) and enterbank(function) in Room.cfg
    Dont touch Bank.cfg, you can do that if you dont like bank's physics( i copied them from boulder.cfg);

Attached Files: