1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Suddenly Ain't working?!

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Maher90, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Maher90

Maher90 Catapult Fodder

so after i finished playing i rested for an hour :) and i got on again :3 and went to play and when i click PLAY i get this!

Engine (build: 422 version: 0.95A)
    Creating video device...

Downloading checksums from http://update.kag2d.com/kag/App/version.txt

Version file the same (key matches)

Loading library...
    Using file 'Base/Juxta.dll'
    Library loaded...
    APP GameDLLInit

Game DLL initialized.
    Changing game working directory to 'E:/KAG/Base/'
    Could not load autoconfig file Scripts/autoconfig.gm
    STARTUP FAILED: Could not load autoconfig file Scripts/autoconfig.gm (error in file, missing ';' ?)

i did not touch anything in the game nor any virus got in or anything! it just happened by itself!

UPDATE:i tried removing version.txt and removed whole BASE folder and redownload both but it does not download AutoConfig.GM!!! WHY?!

2. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I have uploaded my version of autoconfig to mediafire. You can find it HERE. Try adding the file to the scripts folder under the KAG directory and replacing the file with my version if it prompts you to do so.

3. Maher90

Maher90 Catapult Fodder

tried it but doesn't work :( EXCEPT that it does load the game :D yay! but crashes on Precache Files

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That's probably cause you deleted your total base folder..
    Try a clean install.

In the future: don't use any special characters like ` or ; in your clantag.

5. Maher90

Maher90 Catapult Fodder

clantag? i don't even use or enter settings + i did not delet BASe..downburst IT WAS JUST A MATTER OF AN HOUR and suddenly the file doesn't work although it was inside Base

the only thing annoys me is that Server Update doesn't redownload AutoConfig.gm anymore!

i tried your fix Down,but it crashes on PreCache Files with only saying "Loading Defines.cfg"

it seems i am missing also some autoconfig files like Dedicated_AutoConfig and SecruityAutoConfig.cfg and some other

6. Downburst

I thought removed the whole base folder....

Just uninstall KAG and install it again. Or were you trying to say you already did that?

7. Maher90

Maher90 Catapult Fodder

yeah well it worked after reinstalling but i wanted to ask a question it's out of topic but i wanted to have the chat on top again like on my old game Thank you btw. :)

8. Downburst