1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance Forever

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Invaders, Jun 16, 2013.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

So, for any of you old school gamers, you may remember a series called Supreme Commander, and if you're really old school, you may even remember Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. What Forged Alliance Forever (or FAF) is is a mod to rebalance and bring multiplayer back to Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance. If you played Forged Alliance before all you need to do is go here: http://www.faforever.com/, install the game and then install the mod (install is disk or Steam). The game is 15$ on Steam, and is easily one of the better 15$ you'll ever spend.
    [​IMG]
    The Aeon: Giant saucers and Doom Bots
    [​IMG]
    Yes, that is a ship with legs. And a 50 foot tall robot, with quad proton cannons, why do you ask?
    [​IMG]
    Those chicken robots are about 70 feet tall.
    [​IMG]
    If you're seeing this, chances are that base is either gone or going to be gone.
    And remember, unite against the villainous Seraphim and Illuminate!

Beef likes this.
  2. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

That old game where you could play as on out of 3 armies and control tanks, build builings and command giant robot killing machines? Good times.

Invaders likes this.
  3. Wasn't Supreme Commander a competitive game in the first place? Could some not-chobo explain to me why fans needed to mod it?

btw, 2007 is not old school at all, lol

Beef likes this.
  4. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

I only played supcom 2, and the only problem I had with that is that aircraft don't properly collide with eachother/the terrain.
    It would be way more awesome if they actually crashed into the trees/mountains/eachother then clipping though them.

5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Ej, there are websites dedicated to mods of this game.

Also, I'm curious why you posted pictures of the vanilla game and not even of the mod itself?

6. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

FAF isn't necessarily a mod, as all it really aims to do is to fix some rather *gross* imbalances (they went the ASF fix route) and to restart the Matchmaking service, as GPG shut down last year so noone can play anymore. And 2007 is oldschool to me :p
    The base FAF mod doesn't add anything, just some rebalances, and most of its aim was to restart the ability to have multiplayer matches.

7. are you 13?

Beef, MCrypa, Galen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

No. 14

9. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

When it said old school i laughed.

Old school and 3D don't go together.

10. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

You obviously never played any of the first gen 3D games, did you?

11. Oximus

Oximus Arsonist

You obviously don't know how old i am.

But you are right. After i posted that, a few games came to mind but didn't care enough to edit the post.

Mods: BlueLuigi