1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Surfing?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by BeasterDenBeast, Feb 7, 2012.

1. The act of bomb jumping (whether it be help or shielded while on ground), falling and shielding downwards followed by mindless, hack-like speeding on the ground has been given the iconic term "surfing" by many a soldier. I have used it to win games before by speeding away from an enem that had just tried to bomb me unbeknownst that I may have abused a relatively unkown glitch. I have a few questions reagarding this fun-filled practise.
    1. Is it a glitch/bug?
    2. Was it intentional and/or will we be seeing it i future builds?
    3. Would it be seen as abuse if I and/or anyone used it to gain an advantage?
    Thank You and I look forward to seeing some responses.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

No surfing is when you keep riding a group of knights while fighting them, all the while over their heads, aka surfing the wave.

Only a crazy would use the same term twice to refer to this other thing, which shouldnt really be a bug, it's basically shield bashing out of a bomb jump....

JacKD and CoughDrop like this.
  3. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

this is more commonly referred as kag racing.

4. Oh ok, just that everygame where i have seen it used, everyone has referred to it as surfing. Sorry for any misunderstandings that may have occured.

5. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You don't have to be sorry, I was just informing you to what it's called.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Maybe this could be made into a feature . . . Maybe not as it is now, "hack-like" speed, but at least faster than just running. It makes sense if you can bomb jump and get going really fast, you can hold that momentum by sliding on your shield on the ground below . . . Maybe you do bash damage when you run into people too. :)

7. Ducko

Ducko Bison Rider

I never use it for an advantage, I mostly use it for fun, and it never really works the way you want it to anyway, because your defences are down when speeding towards somebody.

Rushtime likes this.